Titanfall 6 vs 6 max...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanfall 6 vs 6 max...

Not sure if I like this or will even waste my time with this title then... jmo

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...r-titanfall-mp
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Titanfall 6 vs 6 max...

Ick, 6v6 only? Screw that. I suppose it does make sense because you don't want to have huge groups of peoples in their Titans, but still. Even having NPC allies running around the battlefield just wouldn't be the same.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

This may be a nail in the coffin for me as well.

Comment

Meh....

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD View Post
          Meh....
          ... meaning ... you'll still buy it or pass on it?

Comment

Not the news I was hoping for. I think its a mistake to make it only 6vs6 but I hope their opinion about "most fun" is correct. Will have to wait and see.
            sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
            "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
              ... meaning ... you'll still buy it or pass on it?
              I dunno man, game looks great, but I'm interested in a bit more of a higher player count.

Comment

First, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who created one of the most popular game franchise of all time. I'm no sheep but the guy has a solid game design track record.

Second, higher player count does not equal more fun. Having more players in COD, as an example, never made it great or better and if anything created endless frustration of spawning and dying. BF4 with 64 players doesn't equate fun and one of the reasons TG has lowered the server size on some maps. Plus, who the hell buys a game based on player count? Shame on everyone posting complaining here.

Lastly, from all the press who have played the game no one from what I read ever mentioned a lower player count as an impediment to fun. Who knows if Respawn up'ed the player count to 24 or 32 for the press plays and and pulled the wool over their eyes and bumping it down to 6 on release but I doubt it.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be eating crow on this game complaining about the player count and lack of fun.
                Last edited by TheFatKidDeath; 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM. Reason: Wasn't done ranting
                |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                - Check me out on The Onion
                - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                  First, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the guy who created one of the most popular game franchise of all time. I'm no sheep but the guy has a solid game design track record.

Second, higher player count does not equal more fun. Having more players in COD, as an example, never made it great or better and if anything created endless frustration of spawning and dying. BF4 with 64 players doesn't equate fun and one of the reasons TG has lowered the server size on some maps. Plus, who the hell buys a game based on player count? Shame on everyone posting complaining here.

Lastly, from all the press who have played the game no one from what I read ever mentioned a lower player count as an impediment to fun. Who knows if Respawn up'ed the player count to 24 or 32 for the press plays and and pulled the wool over their eyes and bumping it down to 6 on release but I doubt it.

I have a feeling a lot of people will be eating crow on this game complaining about the player count and lack of fun.
                  But like I stated before, if I wanted to have a 6v6 deathmatch or objective battle, I could just play Hawken and get a similar experience. I know I'm nitpicking, but the first trailer for the game had about 9-12 people on each side I think, unless there were NPC bots. I'm also not discrediting how cool and thematic it looks, I'd love to need to earn my mech first before hopping into it but if you're just stalking six enemy players on a small map, I can't help but see it getting old fast. You don't need to host 24 or 32 people in a match, in fact, I don't think the engine or the computer could handle that kind of battle. I would love something more akin to 12v12 or 15v15, but 6v6? I can't help but feel things will feel rather empty than how a chaotic city battle should be.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

There are players AND AI, so I dont care too much on the Player Count. I do trust in these guys as the designers here also helped make MW2, one of the most popular titles. They know how to handle the mechanics (Not gun mechanics, map) and use it to be effective and fun. If there were more players, it would be inevitable to lead to crazy spawn camping and you would need to have more Titans on the map. If that happened, then the Titans in a group would probably be too deadly to kill. imagine 3 Titans sitting in a corner, one watches the skies, the other two on flanks with 5 infantry helping out. It would be a win no matter what.

I could see them maybe pushing it up maybe one player per side and removing on AI depending on response, but for now, it looks promising.
                    Questions about those who deserve it!
                    "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post

A lot of this could be boiled down to "In your opinion". I've always enjoyed game with more players than not, especially in FPS. I like see lots of players on the screen, it give me a more "EPIC' feeling. There is also less emphasis on the "individual" and their skill level. Which to me is always more inviting. If I suck in a larger player count game I don't feel like I'm letting my teammates down, as much as I would in a smaller playercount game, where each person is much more important. And really shame on people?? I know its a little short sighted to start complaining about something that's not out, but its a video game after all. Does it really rise to the level of shame lol.

Comment

I don't know but it seems to me that the player count and game timer are closely related. It's ok to have platoon sized teams in PS2 because the game never ends. In Quake the size of the teams were usually limited as well and with a 20 minute default timer it seemed fine. I've watched the trailers and can't really determine the time limits between games, but what I did see was fast paced action, awesome graphics and relatively close capture points which made for a exciting game. And to me, that's what I look for in a game.........excitement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X