Evolve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolve

It's going to be a great year for gaming.

Looks fantastic and a great game for teamwork.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/...-big-game-hunt
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Evolve

very anxiously waiting for this one.

Though I refuse to do a pre-order ever again.

Comment

For whoever gets it first,here's a code for the big alpha. It ends tomorrow and it was easy to get in,but some of you who want to play might have missed out. 6W69B-KTK52-HXAQF . Code is for PC on steam,activate via big alpha website.

Comment

Those who own XCOM can install it without a key.

Played a little last night and it was fun.

Comment

I played it extensively from the start,level 20 now with 1 more hunter and the kraken to unlock. Played a few rounds with high level people and I'm amazed and extremely excited about this game.

I started my co-op experience with Left 4 Dead,and this is way beyond the level of co-op in it.

Each team member has to use EVERY tool at their disposal the best they can in order to be able to stand a chance against the monsters. I won many rounds by getting to evolution3 without being disturbed and then just killing off the team in an instant(3 minute game) and coordination in fights is also extremely important.It's easy to win in being in stage 2 against a team that doesn't work well together.

As hunters you need to think about not letting the monster evolve,regen armor or grab strong buffs(from elite fauna). I noticed that one failed trapper arena is a huge advantage for the monster and each consequential failed arena just worsens it,so not only you need to know what tool to use and when,you also need to use it carefully as not to waste it-it goes for everything at your disposal,weapons included- assault has two weapons,but the second one is always used for two things- long/mid range and shooting vital points.The other gun is extremely heavy damage,close range weapon.I've seen many players shoot the rifle in close combat,significantly reducing the teams damage output.

Playing the monster is also extremely satisfying and requires cunning and tactical sense both in progressing and fighting in order to win with an organized team. As the monster you need to keep composure and multitask- keeping an eye for the hunters and food,maintaining stealth while continuously on the move, caring not to get trapped in an arena in a disadvantageous position(because than can really get you killed even in stage 3). I'd could go on and on about how good this game is,but i think I'm gonna go back to playing it now.

Comment

Streaming EVOLVE big alpha for the next 8 hours-TG MUST HAVE.Join me on twitch at /dild0z3r.

Comment

I played in the alpha and enjoyed it, however I'm unsure of the longevity of the title and the cost/benefit of the 60 dollar pricetag in what i saw of the game. Similar games by ValvE (being L4D, by the same developer) were at both a lower pricepoint and had a large amount of community presence and playability, as well as long-term developer support and updates for quite a long time adding content. I'm not sure if 2? 3? different monsters and a literal handful of small, circuitious maps and 2 different sets of characters really sets off my 'must buy' button. I'd love to be proven wrong, but... 60 dollars... The game seems like it would be a large hit at first, but I don't know about community retention, it could be a flash in the pan.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Add me on Steam if you are playing Evolve

name: finestyle
                It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

ya, I was intrested but not that intrested... so I'm thinking waititng till on sale, but if enough friends get it, I always cave. ;)
                  Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Magnum, I'm with you. I'm waiting for a price drop.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                      ya, I was intrested but not that intrested... so I'm thinking waititng till on sale, but if enough friends get it, I always cave. ;)
                      This.
                      "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Anyone here own this game and have played multiplayer? If so I could use your help with something. Please PM me if you can. Thank you

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X