Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on DC?

Just want to see what everyone thinks.

After playing in the server last night with DC on, I have to say that I MUCH prefer it over vanilla BF. I haven't played DC in a long while, but I remember now how much fun it was, and I'm very happy to see it on the server.

Also, it seemed like the server was already getting more traffic than it usually does, with about 12 or so people at its peak (while I was in the game) last night.

Also, I LOVE flying helicopters. As it stands, it's my favorite thing to do in DC. Very challenging, and some good fights with cobra also!

Anyways, I just want to see what everyone thinks about TGDC since it's goin to be on the server for a week as it stands. Is it stayin' or goin'? :)

Re: Thoughts on DC?

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
    Just want to see what everyone thinks.

After playing in the server last night with DC on, I have to say that I MUCH prefer it over vanilla BF. I haven't played DC in a long while, but I remember now how much fun it was, and I'm very happy to see it on the server.
    Same here...

I think that instead of having one week of DC a month or something like that, we're going to have to make it one weekend of vanilla BF a month or something... :D

I'd be interested to hear if the people that weren't able to play DC in the past are still having trouble with this latest version... Ender, eternal?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Unless they changed things in DC, I still prefer vanilla BF1942 over DC.

But I will hold off making an official comment until I get a chance to play DC since the newest release.

Then again, it might just be I prefer Vanilla but willing to play DC anyways..

then again ;)

Comment

Re: Thoughts on DC?

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        I think that instead of having one week of DC a month or something like that, we're going to have to make it one weekend of vanilla BF a month or something... :D

I agree. This game is just too fun. I'll be on all tonight, so let's get a big game going! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
          Unless they changed things in DC, I still prefer vanilla BF1942 over DC.
          It's significantly improved since the last time I played DC...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I need to play a bit more of it. I didn't get much play time in yesterday. It seems really cool though because of more options than regular BF.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
              It seems really cool though because of more options than regular BF.
              This is what I like.

Now that we have server manager running can we have it announce our teamspeak IP so I dont have to tell everyone.

Comment

Love DC

Comment

I still prefer vanilla BF.... most of the maps in DC that are vehicle heavy just end up being a fest of drive tank, shoot tank, get shot, die after 1 or 2 shots, respawn. Infantry tend to be taken out of play more.

I do like the city maps more where running around charging into places gets you dead. :)

As far as the numbers go, there appeared to be the same number of people on. A few of us were on earlier and the server was empty... it just fills up when we get a good group to start and wait it out. It was the same with vanilla BF.

However, I don't mind splitting the time between DC and vanilla. And since I have remote server access I can skip the maps I don't like and kick Big-B for jumping teams on me. :twisted:
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

DC ROCKS

some maps suck but who is watching
                    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

I just sat there for an hour bored out of my mind. Where is everyone?!
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm trying to get RTCW:ET to work. Planning on jumping in in a bit.

Also, it seems that the maps added in 1.45 do not work (phillipines, battle of britain). You end up getting the old bf1942 equipment.

Which gives me the idea....would there be any way to switch mods every time the map changes? A utility of some sort? Because, after playing dc and then the broken maps, switching every map tends to keep things fresh. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                          I just sat there for an hour bored out of my mind. Where is everyone?!
                          Monday night football :D
                          I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

I don't believe there is a way to switch between mods based on the maps. A server runs one mod and the maps must conform to the mod, otherwise you get some weird situations like some roles not having weapons, the wrong sounds, etc.
                            |TG-12th| asch
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by [gc]asch
                              I don't believe there is a way to switch between mods based on the maps. A server runs one mod and the maps must conform to the mod, otherwise you get some weird situations like some roles not having weapons, the wrong sounds, etc.
                              The other night DC running and when it went to Battle of the Phillipines it was regular bf 1942. weapons and all. Also the map battle of britian was the same way ... the maps and game ran ok. The only thing that was wrong was the description of the type of player screen showed weapons of DC but when the game started you had vanilla weapons of BF 1942.

So all maps are not DC supported but they will still run in vanilla mode...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X