Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn Camping Rocks

Yeah I know....

This comin from a guy who has played GR for almost 2 years...I have to admit...I love the feeling of camping on the enemy's spawn and sniping them. Sitting in their base with a tank on a repair platform...No. But sniping and base raping are a part of war and I think should be encouraged.

Granted I obey rules where they apply, but I have played on pub servers where base raping is encouraged and had a laugh.

I look at it as a challenge to conduct ant-sniper drills to hunt down a guy who is sniping all members of my team trying to get to a plane. He is also preventing his team from being on the recieving end of retard bombs being dropped on his team's tanks.

I am quite content with the rules on TG and am not asking they be changed...just pointing out how fun it is to snipe people who spawn and decide to stand in the open waiting for a plane to spawn looking like an idiot staring straight in to the air.

Please...a mild debate if you will.

RYNO
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

I don't play 1942 (yet), but in every other online game I've played, spawn camping is lame, Lame, LAME.

"...base raping are a part of war and I think should be encouraged."

In war, there is no 'spawning', so base raping and spawn camping should not be considered the same thing. I can't possible see how this adds to the enjoyment of the game for both sides, which is what TG is supposed to be all about.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, I have mixed feelings about it, and I guess it all comes down to sportsmanship/chivalry/whatever you wanna call it... If a team is losing badly, there is no way that I'd even go near their only spawn point for any reason. If it's a close game, I might sneak over their and recon a good FO view if anyone's manning some big guns. In a close game, I wouldn't have a problem with sniping the idiots waiting for a vehicle, either (I've been one of those idiots a couple of times...). But as for going in with a tank and destroying all of the vehicles, I would reserve that for a desperate team that needs every advantage it can get.... If you take a tank into a teams only spawn point, it's like fish in a barrel and I don't like it...

But there so many "in-betweens"... What about bombing their base? What about driving through with a tank and destroying every vehicle you see and leaving immediately? What about going in on foot specifically to steal a vehicle?

Basically, I think it depends a lot on how lopsided the score is...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

its fine by me, I wouldnt mind getting shot. Its those helos that camp that piss me off, cause its a insta kill.

Temp dont talk about something you havent played, BF is different than any HL game your Spawning ground is about the size of a HL map.

Comment

Some good points...keep em comin. :D

Comment

I can see if you're on foot and want to cap some people before they got into a plane or a tank, but using a heli or a tank and just sitting in their spawn is hella lame.

Comment

wow!

I was quoted by the great eteral.. I am a very lucky man :P

Comment

Re: Spawn Camping Rocks

Originally posted by RYN
                Yeah I know....

This comin from a guy who has played GR for almost 2 years...I have to admit...I love the feeling of camping on the enemy's spawn and sniping them. Sitting in their base with a tank on a repair platform...No. But sniping and base raping are a part of war and I think should be encouraged.

Granted I obey rules where they apply, but I have played on pub servers where base raping is encouraged and had a laugh.

I look at it as a challenge to conduct ant-sniper drills to hunt down a guy who is sniping all members of my team trying to get to a plane. He is also preventing his team from being on the recieving end of retard bombs being dropped on his team's tanks.

I am quite content with the rules on TG and am not asking they be changed...just pointing out how fun it is to snipe people who spawn and decide to stand in the open waiting for a plane to spawn looking like an idiot staring straight in to the air.

Please...a mild debate if you will.

RYNO
                Cheat, Wall Hacker, Spawn camper, and any other thing I can call you... :D By the way it is nice to do those things huh...
                I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

OK, sniping and making a pass through the enemy spawn is one thing, but when that's the only spawn point for the enemy, sitting on a repair platform and raping them as they spawn is NOT acceptable...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

There was one DC map the other night where it was close quarters and very little need for vehicle support. My team had captured all the flags and all that was left was the enemy's base. At this point we pretty much centered around the enemy base to rape them. I'm not sure what else could be done at this point. The winning team doesn't really want to let the enemy out so they can capture flags but it's practically shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't face directly into the enemy spawn but I still felt bad one block away waiting for them to come around the corner. Tactically, it was smart to close in on the enemy spawn but it's so close to spawn camping.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

There is another form of spawn camping that I've seen, though not often, that does not deal with an uncapturable. Sitting in some armor just outside the radius to capture a flag and killing all the poor soles that spawn in and never make an effort to take the flag.

Now there are exceptions to this. Some flags can not be easliy taken while in a vehicle but you need to lay down fire for the foot soldiers.

I guess I would phrase a guideline in a way that discourages anyone from taking advantage of their situation just to up their kill:death ratio. If you are directly helping the team ok, but killing just because it puts fewer people on the map is just not what this game is about.
                      flux
                      [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                        I don't play 1942 (yet), but in every other online game I've played, spawn camping is lame, Lame, LAME.

"...base raping are a part of war and I think should be encouraged."

In war, there is no 'spawning', so base raping and spawn camping should not be considered the same thing. I can't possible see how this adds to the enjoyment of the game for both sides, which is what TG is supposed to be all about.
                        It SUCKS ASS and only serves to anger and to alienate. Guys I consider this my "home server" and when I get f***ing headshotted THREE TIMES IN A ROW in my own spawn area trying to get into a Scud vehicle, you know what happens? I quit for the evening. This cannot be good for TG/N42 in the long run.

NippleCorn / aka GayLord

Comment

Originally posted by NippleCorn
                          It SUCKS ASS and only serves to anger and to alienate. Guys I consider this my "home server" and when I get f***ing headshotted THREE TIMES IN A ROW in my own spawn area trying to get into a Scud vehicle, you know what happens? I quit for the evening. This cannot be good for TG/N42 in the long run.

NippleCorn / aka GayLord
                          Ditto, spawn camping is just bad for the game, I'm suprised to see RYN of all people say that it rocks, is the Armed Forces putting acid in your cornflakes now? I totally agree with Nipple that if done on purpose it is an exploit and most curtainly not tactical other than tactically loathsome.

Comment

Hehe....

As my first post said....sitting in a spawn with armor....no. But a sniper harrasing the enemy is a part of war. The sniper in this game cannot be used otherwise.

I myself have no problem with getting headshot in my own spawn. If I do, I will inform my team of an enemy sniper and my intent to conduct anti-sniper drills to sort out that problem.

Snipers can't take out choppers or tanks...they harass the enemy into focusing resources on taking him out as opposed to taking flags.

Also....my favorite targets are those standing around most of the game waiting for a specific plane or helo...not helping his team just standing there.

Snipers are effective at long ranges...not in their spawn. Also spotting targets for 155mm artillery.

Until told otherwise by admins...I will continue to use the sniper in it's role. If you want to stand around in your spawn waiting for a helo...or take a piss break...better get you head under cover first. :D

I will abide by the rules that are presented...if it's no sniper....then I won't. If it is....then don't wear an orange hat to war. :D

Don't get pissed off guys....snipers are only dismounted soldiers. If you want to sort it out...do so in a bradley or bmp. Or sneak up behind him and jam your bayonet in his liver...it's all good training.

Comment

It is annoying to get sniped when spawning but thinking in the bigger picture the sniper will eventually run out of ammo. If he moves into your base for a reload it forces him to CQB. You can also spawn at another location in move in on the sniper's flank. If that's your only spawn left then the sniper isn't your only problem. You'll probably have planes bombing the area and tanks patrolling the perimeter.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X