Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quake 4 only rated 70% by PC Gamer??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 4 only rated 70% by PC Gamer??????

PC Gamer Checks Out Quake 4 26 Comments
    Quake IV News | 10/10/2005 | 6:28 PST - Jube
    PC Gamer took a run through Quake 4 and came back with a final score. According to Evil Avatar, the magazine ranked the game at 70%, quoting the following:

Final Verdict:

Highs - Loads of action; gruesome visuals; Q3DM17 with Doom 3 graphics

Lows - Uninspired gameplay; Stroggification plot twist goes nowhere; no multiplayer bots.

Bottom line - This old-school shooter suffers from a lack of 21st-century game design.
    I think someone's been smoking banana peels again! (Thanks Friar, we'll send our hate mail to you!)

that really is too bad i was hopein it would of made the high 80s to low-mid 90s

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: Quake 4 only rated 70% by PC Gamer??????

Saw it in the other topic, but I'm still getting it.

Comment

Also technically a 70% is a good score at PCGamer. It means a good game that they recommend to fans of the genre. However with that said remember this is the mag that gave Operation Flashpoint a 70% and gave Ghost Recon game of the year.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
        Also technically a 70% is a good score at PCGamer. It means a good game that they recommend to fans of the genre. However with that said remember this is the mag that gave Operation Flashpoint a 70% and gave Ghost Recon game of the year.
        EXACTLY. 70% is a sweet spot review wise. A couple of years ago, they gave Homeworld 2 a 70% (or something like that) because....it was so damn hard! :icon_lol: Their loss.

My gues: it will be as good looking as Doom 3, and...it's not a rocket science game anyway.

Comment

Fans of the genre need not pick up anything but Half-Life 2. But more additions are better :P

Does anyone remember if Quake 3.. even had online?

Comment

^Fans of the genre need to pick up in addition to Half Life 2 AT LEAST these titles. Quake 1 and 2, Doom, Wolfenstein, Enemy Territory (Or RTCW can't really decide just yet) Rogue Spear, Operation Flashpoint, Half Life 1, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, No One Lives Forever 1 and 2, System Shock 2, Deus Ex. Alright nevermind I am gonna stop this is really long list and could take me a day to figure it all out. But either way someone needs to call the supreme court and let them know that it shouldbe a crime against God, County, planet, universe, and humanity if you don't play all of those FPS and dare call yourself an FPS fan.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

I don't know where to get Quake 1, I can buy Quake 2 for five bucks and probably will (unless it comes with quake 4 on 360 like doom 3 had doom 2), Half-Life 1 everyone has played (be it on the PS2 or the PC), Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (at least the original) everyone has played and had fun with the MP...

..and on the other end of the spectrum Enemy Territory I've never even heard of, Rogue Spear I played and didn't like, Operation Flashpoint I never looked into...

No One Lives Forever I never cared about, never looked at either. Deus Ex and System Shock 2 are the two I haven't played that I really really want to. Deus Ex mainly, cuz I'm gonna grab it off my friend's game shelf next time I'm at his place. :row__536:

System Shock 2 I can probably just torrent from NewNova, I can't find it anywhere.

But how did you forget to mention Timesplitters? Good God man! All 3 of em are genius and fun!

Also, essential RTS titles would be alot easier to think of :icon4:
              .................................................. .........................:row__577:

Comment

^^^I never played Timesplitters. I am not much of a console gamer. My Xbox collects dust. My gamecube gets used however. I mainly play my PC, DS, and my PSP. (Granted I only have one game.)

Enemy Territory is an expansion pack to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. It was cancelled and the multiplayer part of the game was released for free.
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

I owned TRCW for a short time but never beat it.

Timesplitters is great man, they have it out for the friggin GC!

I own all three of the current gen systems and I onyl play on my XBox and once a week. When I get a router and a 360 (And whenever thhe Rev comes out, that) I'll be gaming it up tons.

Comment

Just keep in mind that System Shock is not your typical FPS, most of the time you have 5 bullets are on 1/2 health and trying to dodge psychic monkeys and invisible spiders. Although it happens to rank on top 10 games at least on my list.

Az
                    [age-c1][command]

Comment

I am dead broke this gen with college and all. So i refuse to buy any of the consoles well at launch. Wait the Rev might get away with it if its 200ish. For me this gen of gaming works like this. No need for an Xbox because of my PC. PS3 is a maybe but maybe a definate after price drops. Rev at launch if I get lucky.

RTCW SP is alright its not amazing but its multiplayer needs to be experienced by all in either RTCW or Enemy Territory. Also I think we can safely put HL3 on that list.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

HL3 will probably be the best game ever. HL2 is holding that right now.

Speaking of shooters... man. Max Payne. MAN... Max PAYNE!

Comment

If i get a computer that can run it i will get Q4, becuase i enjoy deathmatch with oversized guns.
                          If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                            HL3 will probably be the best game ever. HL2 is holding that right now.
                            WTH have you been smoking?
                            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Like it matters what PCGamer says anyway. That's got to be the most infantile PC game mag to ever exist.
                              Wait for the demo and make the call yourself, or read a different magazine. Ugh. Don't get me ranting on PCGamer. (The demo is NOT out yet, right?)
                              "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                              - Lazarus Long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...