Performance tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance tips?

How do I get the game to run smoothly (as in more than a jerky 4 or 5 fps) aside from lowering the texture quality, etc? I don't have a week system and the game runs like garbage so there has to be a trick or two. Thanks!

i'm sure you'll get pointers on how to shutdown certain tasks so i'll give one that you probably wont hear anywhere else. once the map loads hit ESC to go back to the Main Menu in BF. then hit ESC again to get back to the game. don't ask me what this does, but i see about a 10-20 fps increase when i do this. i know this works on other peoples machines as i got this tip out of the PBF forums.
    flux
    [tg-c1]

Comment

i found turning off all background programs works too. Such as anti-virus and scheduled tasks. It helps save you more rescourses, and we all know this game uses lots.
      Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

I've a P4 1.7 with a Ti500 card. I'll try turning everything down to start, there is so much going on in this game I would suspect that has something to do with it. Single player is fine but it sure gets jumpy online, last night was the first time I played online but it was pretty bad...

Comment

Hey Deranger,

There are a pile of tweaks located at www.tweaktown.com. Everythimg from tweaking WInXP to BF 1942.

Shadows=off
          Lightmaps=on
          texture quality=Med
          Effects quality=med

Also try a lower resolution setting that may help. But the real help will be found at the above website. Some patient reading should have you good ta go. Hope that helps D.
          "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
          "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

are you sure it is online play or is it certain maps? or even different mods maybe?

the reason i ask about maps is it could be a sound problem. if you notice lag on the pacific maps and not the others, it could be sound related. as you get closer to the water some people notice lag due to the added sounds. make sure you have the latest drivers and running Hardware accel. or maybe even turn down sounds if you don't have a good sound card.
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

My big problem is the mods. I can run plain BF just fine, but once I install a mod I cant run it at all (mod too). Thats why I dont play DC, I just cant run it.

Comment

Alot of people are having problems with DC. Believe it or not but DC uses alot more cpu resources than vanilla BF. There is a new patch due at the end of this month,...and from what I have been reading it should address most of these issues.
                I can not stress enough too check out www.tweaktown.com. It can help you out!

RYNO :D
                "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

http://www.tweaktown.com./document.php?dType=guide&dId=420&92863

Going through it right now... thanks RYN!

Comment

deranger....make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date. i Know it's obvious, but it can give a significant increase in FPS. My old computer ran bf1942 and mods with about 40 solid fps, and that was on a 1.0 ghz with 256 ram and a gefore mx 440.

If all else fails, try using the omega drivers for your geforce. I use them on my computer, and all games run beautifully with them. I don't have a link, but try searching on google.

Comment

I can deal with the in-game perfomance issues. However, I noticed that when I exit the game, my computer is very sluggish for the rest of the time.

Obviously, I can reboot to clear this up, but I think this is affecting me in another way..

I have discovered that map changes for me are taking WAY longer than the rest of you.. You guys are spawned by the time I have just begun loading the map. In fact, you guys are loading the next map before I have even left the last one! So, I am usually spawning a minute or two later than the rest of the players. I have a good system (p4 2.0) and in other games, I typically get to the next map before most players. Any ideas?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                        The only time I have issues is when I get on an AA gun. It's fine while I am using it but when I get off of it my video is really jumpy. That is the only time I have this problem. Weird isn't it?
                        I found that committing suicide (either by running at the enemy held flags and trying to take them or committing it myself) usually solves this issue. Trying to play with all the jumping going on makes it extremely difficult and I am no use to my team in that condition.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X