Server was an embarassment tonight.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server was an embarassment tonight.

20+ players, and full-time TKers on either side. Zero admin presence. Disgusting. :x

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Re: Server was an embarassment tonight.

Originally posted by Tempus
    20+ players, and full-time TKers on either side. Zero admin presence. Disgusting. :x
    Until I found an old program, I was unable to access any admin tools... If you join again now, we've got it under control.

Sorry about that. Talk about frustrating...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Current BF1942 admins:

Cingular, Asch, Flux, OSD.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I think we may need more admins, considering the size that the BF server is reaching. I, of course, volunteer. :D

Or really, any regular who plays here. I think we can all trust each other.

Comment

I'm usually at least on AIM or ICQ. Feel free to IM me if you have problems like this again.

AIM: GUITyler
          flux
          [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            Current BF1942 admins:

and FireMarshall and Cobra...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Re: Server was an embarassment tonight.

Originally posted by Tempus
              Taking care of it today. So things should be better from here on out....
              I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

cant we get server manager to monitor this, We had it running a while back, dont know what happend to it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                  cant we get server manager to monitor this, We had it running a while back, dont know what happend to it though.
                  Yeah, it's actually just an interface that saves you from typing commands in Remote Console and there's a link to download it in the admin forum.
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Current BF1942 admins:

Everyone always forgets about me :(

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                      Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Current BF1942 admins:

and FireMarshall and Cobra...
                      Isn't Firemarshall?
                      Its FireMarshal.... (1 L)

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
                        Its FireMarshal.... (1 L)
                        Yeah, but it's more fun to upset marshalls when you spell it with two "L"s....

I've upset more US Marshals and Dallas City Marshals this way...

Why do various marshals get so upset about such a simple misspelling?
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Thanks to all the admins for getting involved!

Hopefully Tempus' experience will be the exception from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                            Hopefully Tempus' experience will be the exception from here on out.
                            I think it will be. The only reason it wasn't taken care of sooner was because some of us were unable to access the necessary admin tools. Now all the admins have access AND we've changed a few server settings...

The server is set up to kick players with 5 intentional TKs. Before you say that's kinda low, consider this: In order to register a TK with the server, the victim must drop into console and type "punish". If "punish" isn't typed, then the server automatically forgives the TK.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Kick, as in kick and can't come back, or kick and come right back?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X