Number of rounds per map?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of rounds per map?

I've got mixed feelings about this... I really enjoy the variety of maps that we go through in an evening, but I also enjoy playing "best 2 outta 3" on maps...

Which would you prefer?
    The one by Chey-i'm using now?
    0%
    The one by quarath-as posted?
    0%
    Best official map
    0%
    Those new boats ROCK!
    0%
    Not too bad. Has balance issues.
    0%
    Take it out of the rotation
    0%
    Saturdays 1pm EST
    0%
    Saturdays 3pm EST
    0%
    Saturdays 5pm EST
    0%
    Saturdays 7pm EST
    0%
    Sundays 1pm EST
    0%
    Sundays 3pm EST
    0%
    Sundays 5pm EST
    0%
    Sundays 7pm EST
    0%
    No doubt about it!
    0%
    Meh, it's not interesting enough to buy.
    0%
    I'm going to wait for reviews.
    0%
    There's an expansion coming out?!
    0%
    0%
    DC
    0%
    YES!. I like the idea
    0%
    NO!. I like the mod we are currently running
    0%
    UNDECIDED!. I can not decide on it yet
    0%
    Yes.
    0%
    No. Well, I mean Yes.
    0%
    Da!
    0%
    Hai!
    0%
    Se!
    0%
    No, you're not a lamer retard. You're a lame THEIVING retard.
    0%
    Yes, and I can't dance either.
    0%
    No
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    as always
    0%
    not really
    0%
    yes
    0%
    no
    0%
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    I like this one for now.
    0%
    Can't wait for auto map rotation.
    0%
    Next please.
    0%
    No, It is fine the way it is now.
    0%
    Yes, They could use expansion
    0%
    One round per map
    0%
    Best two out of three
    0%
    Something else (please explain)
    0%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Well,

It's best two out of three for me...just for the comptitive part of it. But there is a problem with that in that we may have to play ****e maps like "No Fly Zone" 1 and 2...three times...ewwww. Also....this being a public server...it's rare that an individual will stay for the duration of the cycle. Hammered.

RTYNMNOG
    "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

I like one round. Plus, there was this one map today... ugh. It was just running around and killing each other until time runs out. No objectives, no flags. I wouldn't want to go through that 2 or 3 times.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        I like one round. Plus, there was this one map today... ugh. It was just running around and killing each other until time runs out. No objectives, no flags. I wouldn't want to go through that 2 or 3 times.
        :?:

I wasn't aware of ANY like that... Even NoFlyZoneDay2 has some targets to be blown up, but it's difficult for us non-skilled bombers to hit them, so it becomes nothing but a dogfight map.

Are you talking about the Weapons Bunkers map? Every time I've ever played that, the Coalition wins by blowing up the bunkers...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think it was the No Fly Zone. Nobody knew what the objectives were. When it started and looked at the game type and it said Conquest-something-or-other so I thought there would be flags. There radar installations and a big airfield.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

best 2 out of 3, but please clean up the map rotation so we're not playing maps that revert our server back to the vanilla BF. Most of the old BF maps do this...I think we'd be better off with a strictly DC-map rotation.

Comment

1 round per because some maps I detest. Dont want to play them 2 times. also think about the maps that have day 1-3...we would be playing one map 6 times...ugg...

Comment

I voted 2 out of 3, but I can go either way. I agree that playing No Fly Zone 2 twice would definitely make me leave the server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

One round for me, Unless every map is "El Alamein" :D

Comment

in the next patch you will be able to have multiple mods running on a single server
                    flux
                    [tg-c1]

Comment

1 round per map I hate to play the same map half the night.. or 2out of 3 with short round times....like 8 min a round.
                      I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                        Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
                        best 2 out of 3, but please clean up the map rotation so we're not playing maps that revert our server back to the vanilla BF. Most of the old BF maps do this...I think we'd be better off with a strictly DC-map rotation.
                        Actually I like that. It's like we get to play vanilla and DC without having to change the server around. DC was originally supposed to be a temporary thing but everyone is taking to it. Just cause it reverts to vanilla doesn't mean the map should be removed.

I like this too....but the fact that it's buggy usually causes everyone to leave.

Comment

It's hard for me to choose on this one. I like the variety of maps in the list but not all maps are good for multiple rounds. If we shortened the list of maps, I'd be up for 2-3 rounds per map, otherwise I have to stick with 1 round.

Also, remember that if there are admins, we can change the next map to be played. It might be easier to keep it at 1 round per map and if an admin is around, he can reselect it. The opposite might leave some admin-less games to be stuck on sucky maps for 3 rounds.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...