• AutoBalance?

What say you?
    AutoBalance ON
    0%
    AutoBalance OFF
    0%
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

OFF. We can make our own teams.

Comment

Yesterday there were some good games but we tend to stack on one team since we're all on comms. It's not too fair for public players that join or a few of us get stuck on the other team while the rest enjoy good tactical comms.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        ... It's not too fair for public players that join or a few of us get stuck on the other team while the rest enjoy good tactical comms.
        And how will AutoBalance help this? With autobalance you really don't have a choice to which side you get put.

Besides I hate getting flipped to the other team with no warning and right when I got in a groove and working a plan with my other team. I'm constantly watching the teams and will jump if the other side really needs it. And I get the option to tell everyone that I am switching so it doesn't come as a surprise.

If one of our people is stuck on the other team, asking one of the pubs to swap is an option. Some like the challenge of going up against a "clan".
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

Well, at least once a night I end up switching to a team that is outnumbered 2 to 1. I tell people in TS and I type in game, but nobody else switches. This includes a LOT of TG people! How many times have you won a round and then said "whoa, teams were kinda lopsided, no wonder we owned". I see it at least once a day, and sometimes I'm on the larger team. Sometimes I get so caught up in the game that I don't check the teams.

I'm tired of every other game being lopsided. I want AutoBalance ON.
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Better get those TeamSpeak bindings setup if we have AutoBalance on -- it sucks ALT-TABing in BF42!
            sigpic
            I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker
              Better get those TeamSpeak bindings setup if we have AutoBalance on -- it sucks ALT-TABing in BF42!
              Indeed.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

humm no clan stacking on either side with auto balancing :idea:
                I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

The only downside to autobalancing is the switching mid-game but the benefit is teams are random and chances are there won't be clan stacking. I'm pretty sure why Cing brought this up because one map we were alone while everybody else was on the other side. It was a really quiet match since I'm not much of a talker. :) Plus, if we went out together I'd die first and I'd spend a while trying to catch up to him again only to find out he died.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                    I'm pretty sure why Cing brought this up because one map we were alone while everybody else was on the other side.
                    Nah, I didn't mind being half of the odd couple that time. The teams were even.

I just don't like it when there's 11 people on one team and 5 on the other... And this happens a LOT...
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Oh, I felt like we were the losers though. For a second I thought we weren't cool enough to be with the others. :D

Comment

I switch all the time when I notice unfair teams.

Comment

On. Games are always uneven...

Comment

Some maps need to have uneven teams, like Omaha Beach.

I personally like a challenge. You just have to change your style of play. Keep in mind to win a map you don't have to control ALL flags (on some maps anyway). If you see that you are outnumbered just take a defensive stance. One engineer can easily hold a flag, unless they are rushed. If that happens just call for support.
                            flux
                            [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by [gc]flux
                              Some maps need to have uneven teams, like Omaha Beach.

I personally like a challenge. You just have to change your style of play. Keep in mind to win a map you don't have to control ALL flags (on some maps anyway). If you see that you are outnumbered just take a defensive stance. One engineer can easily hold a flag, unless they are rushed. If that happens just call for support.
                              I agree here. Some maps need to be unbalanced and I'm always up for a challenge.

I also don't like having to be managed by the server. We're supposed to be a group of mature adults here trying to have some good games. It may not be something you're used to, but quickly hitting the key to show the list of players isn't all that hard. I know people check out their score... just check the total #of players at the bottom. If it's not balanced, switch sides.

I'd rather choose to switch sides than be forced to. Being auto-switched mid game is more annoying to me than losing because the game is unbalanced.
                              |TG-12th| asch
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...