A poll on server guidelines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll on server guidelines

First off. This is another forum for suggestions. These are not rules agreed on by the Admins. Just some guidelines that I have interpreted through the other thread and have posted for feedback only. When something is agreed on, I'm sure it will be implemented without delay. I am on the admin team on a purley consulatory basis only.

I have no problem with the preverbial "what if" question. As long as it is accompanied by a probable solution.

Rule 1: NO SPAWN CAMPING WITHIN CONFINES OF BASE

Rule 2: NO BOMBING RUNS OVER SPAWN

Rule 3: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES, PLEASE LEAVE.

Now that was pretty plain and simple. I will say for the last time and these are just opinions:

DO NOT ENTER ENEMY SPAWN FOR ANY REASON

SNIPING AN ENEMY SPAWN WHILE NOT IN THE CONFINES OF THEIR BASE IS GOOD TRAINING

STEALING VEHICLES FROM ENEMY SPAWN IS NOT PERMITTED

BASE RAPING WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THE FLAGS IS NOT PERMITTED

These would be advertised in the games "auto-text" periodically

Now those rules to me seem acceptable and easy to follow. One thing I have to mention though. I consider myself a decent helo pilot. sometimes I can take flags by landing or hovering...map depending. Now lets say I am hovering over a flag attempting to take it and I just happen to kill all the enemy that come out of there while I'm trying to take it...one after the other...they spawn at this capturable flag and I kill them immediatley. Some get pissed off...I know it's frustrating...I've been there. It does not take me long to realize to equip myself with some anti-air next time around to take away this threat.

Now..if I just want to hover around there suppressing all resistance while I have ground support moving in...I think that's okay too.
    Remember...this is not a spawn but a capturable flag....any takers on offering an opinion? If this is good with all..then lets present it to the powers that be and see if they can implement it.

Now the TK thing. All we need in my opinion is a kick for 2 tks. Just a kick..not a ban. The big loser tker's will not come back if they have to re-join everytime they get their jollies and tk a couple. Lets face it. BF, even for my beast, takes a while to load, so I'm not going to continuously get kicked and then wait for the game to re-join.

Hey, I TK with mines all the time. If I get kicked for blowing a team mate up a couple of times then so be it. I can warn on TS and I can use the in game commands to warn. If I have to re-join then that's my problem. If a pubbie keeps walking on my mines and I keep getting kicked then we can address that situation.

Is it possible to have the server password accessed and still public? Hehe...let me explain. If someone was to join the server without the PW, could we have a message giving them a link where the PW can be obtained as well as the server rules? This would attract a more mature player in my opinion. Would we lose presence on the server? Maybe for minute time. But the end result would be beneficial to all who love to play this game at TG.

Let's consider these points and get the final word to the Admins. Please, let's keep this to a dull roar and try and keep our responses civilized. Too lazy to check spelling so suck it up.
    AutoBalance ON
    0%
    AutoBalance OFF
    0%
    Yes, they add a tactical advantage to the game.
    0%
    No, I don't use them.
    0%
    Leave it at "1", if they do it enough they'll get kicked.
    0%
    "2" is good, that's twice as long as good players have to wait.
    0%
    "3" is a decent punishment...
    0%
    Let's set it higher. They may not have enough time to TK anyone else, but it'll keep 'em out of the game.
    0%
    I miss ya man!
    0%
    Bah who cares about sniper :P
    0%
    COME BACK! I MISS YOU!!!!
    0%
    Come back so i can get kills off you :P
    0%
    I agree with these guidlines
    0%
    I disagree with these guidelines and here's why
    0%
    I could care less
    0%
    I have four nipples
    0%

The poll is expired.

"On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
    "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

I dont agree with rule 2. I think bombing the spawn is a valid tactic. Why would you allow a sniper to snipe the spawn but not allow bombing runs?

Comment

Nice job RYN, e...

My only comment would be that all is fair with capturable flags, it is only the base which should remain clear of enemies within the gates. That is my only concern in this game, not frickin' bad for me eh? Guess the therapy, pills and those probes implanted in my testacles is working... :?

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
        Nice job RYN, e...

My only comment would be that all is fair with capturable flags, it is only the base which should remain clear of enemies within the gates. That is my only concern in this game, not frickin' bad for me eh? Guess the therapy, pills and those probes implanted in my testacles is working... :?
        Yes, spawn camping only applies to bases that can't be captured.

And I'm glad to hear the therapy is working...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I disagree with rule two and three

bomb runs are no different than artillary being called in....

In the case of rule three I pay my money to play here why should I leave........
          I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

My 2 1/2 cents....

I like bomb runs over enemy teritory....Its a good tactic.
            I like stealing enemy vehicles cause mine was wasted...its a freebie for me.

I am against hovering over the enemy base and using all your ammo and then leaving only when its all gone.
            I am against parking within the confines of the base or around the immediate perimeter and shooting everything just to attain a higher kill count.

Sniping into the base....well, thats what snipers do.....live with it.

Rob

Comment

I disagree with rule 2 and opinion 3. Bombing runs are a legit practice (if you're getting harassed, pick an anti-air kit), and stealing a vehicle from an enemy base is a legit practice. If you can successfully steal an enemy helo or plane and keep it alive for some time, it causes that plane to take a LOT longer to respawn for them. I think that is a strategic practice.

Also, sometimes I like the enemy's vehicles more :D

Comment

as you might have noticed i spent most of my time runing around admiring the maps and getting killed for it, reason being i played DC for the first time yesterday. anyhow, i thought the idea was to CAPTURE the flag and defend it or head of to capture another one. Any spawn killing during such operations should be permitted, as should be stealing enemy vehicles from captured bases. In my opinion it is all a part of the war.
                I do not agree with using glitches in maps to do nothing but destroy enemys' property or kill inconsideratly. As for TK's for as long as they were accidents, it happens. Someone tried to pick me up and instead they run me over, hey it happens it is not like i don't get to play for the rest of the mission.
                well that is my humble opinion in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Revan
                  anyhow, i thought the idea was to CAPTURE the flag and defend it or head of to capture another one. Any spawn killing during such operations should be permitted, as should be stealing enemy vehicles from captured bases.
                  It is allowed and will be. What RYNO is specifically talking about are uncapturable spawn points which many of the maps have. Way too often, we see players just sitting in these points killing the enemy as they spawn. When you are down to one spawn point and the enemy is sitting in there spawn killing everybody, it gets real boring real fast if you have to put up with that for the next 10-15 minutes.

Comment

The mere fact that we cannot agree on what is and is not allowable/reasonable/fair just illustrates that this is not a subject that should be regulated. This is war.

My humble opinion only.

Simple rule: If you do not have all of the flags, you cannot attack the spawn. Otherwise, anything goes.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      The mere fact that we cannot agree on what is and is not allowable/reasonable/fair just illustrates that this is not a subject that should be regulated. This is war.

My humble opinion only.

Simple rule: If you do not have all of the flags, you cannot attack the spawn. Otherwise, anything goes.
                      Your quite right...it is a very simple in both ruling and plan, however not everyone shares your belief so we still have to sort something out.

Remember, the guidelines should be short in length to enable them to be placed in the auto-text within the game. How about this.

NO CAMPING WITHIN THE CONFINES OF AN UNCAPTURABLE FLAG OR ENEMY SPAWN.

SNIPING INTO AN ENEMY BASE OR THE USE OF LONG RANGE ARTILLERY IS OK.

BOMBING RUNS ARE OK

STEALING ENEMY PLANES, HELOS, OR VEHICLES FROM AN UNCAPTURABLE FLAG IS NOT PERMITTED.

ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE NAMES WITH AT LEAST THREE CHARACTERS

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES PLEASE LEAVE

Now the last one I think needs to be said....even though you disagree OS&D, and I would agree with you if the server were going private tomorrow. But it's not, the pubbies need to be informed of this...am I wrong in this? If I am, then I apologize.

Now what else is there to do.....oh yes the map glitch thing. Corky...if you are reading this then I wish to say I was absolutley disgusted in your performance on the server last night. To move an enemies carrier next to a flag in the "Docks" map and use it's weapons against the opposing team is cheap.

That was our spawn! It was not capturable for you and you acted like a goofball. I asked you to leave in game text on three different occasions but you decided to hang around in there destroying vehicles. You had three points at the end of the game and did not help your team at all. If I could have destroyed our carrier to get you out I would have...but it was not possible. You exploited a glitch in the game.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe your five year old sister was playing while you were in the can...whatever. You pissed off a lot of people there last night myself included. There is normally at least 10-15 of us on TS...is it really necessary to have your own little SSC channel for the two or three of you that normally play at the same time. You know the reason I was so ticked off is that you have been a member of TG longer then I have but, continued to act in an inappropriate manner. I am presently not a paying member on TG, Corky...not sure if you are either...if I knew for sure you were not last night. If I could have I would have kicked/banned you. Corky, I am available for comment on this NEVER...I wish to discuss this further with you NEVER. Play the game and help your team instead of exploiting a glitch and trying to rack up kills. (which you could not do). Seeya in game sunshine. :D

I figured this needed to be addressed in a public forum...Admins please feel free to paste or post this in another thread....but please do not delete.

I later decided to replace the offender's name with Corky. Corky was a character on the hit TV series "Life Goes On" which ran for a year or two in the late eighties, early nineties. Anyone having seen an episode will know where I am coming from.
                      "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                      "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
                        I disagree with rule 2 and opinion 3. Bombing runs are a legit practice (if you're getting harassed, pick an anti-air kit), and stealing a vehicle from an enemy base is a legit practice. If you can successfully steal an enemy helo or plane and keep it alive for some time, it causes that plane to take a LOT longer to respawn for them. I think that is a strategic practice.

Also, sometimes I like the enemy's vehicles more :D
                        I think stealing enemy vehicles from their un-cappable spawn should be illegal. The more I think about it and the more I see it, it's just as bad as spawn camping. I've seen TONS of enemy soldiers in my base supposably just "getting vehicles" and all the while having to constantly kill freshly-respawning soldiers who haven't even moved to get their vehicle of choice.

Your base has vehicles. Use them.
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

HMMM so if your on a bombing run and get shot down instead of bailg out and snaggin a vehicle and making an escape you should just die and respawn at your own base ! Ok I can live with that.

But I also expect to see anyone member or not kicked from the server for driving into the enamys main base and pulling up on the repair bay and blasting all the vehicles !

also is any map with the nimitz class aircraft carrier exemt considering it can be manned by which ever team gets in the drivers seat first ?
                          Was that Diablo flying that helio ?

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                            Originally posted by Tempus

My humble opinion only.

Your quite right...it is a very simple in both ruling and plan, however not everyone shares your belief so we still have to sort something out.

Remember, the guidelines should be short in length to enable them to be placed in the auto-text within the game. How about this.

NO CAMPING WITHIN THE CONFINES OF AN UNCAPTURABLE FLAG OR ENEMY SPAWN.

SNIPING INTO AN ENEMY BASE OR THE USE OF LONG RANGE ARTILLERY IS OK.

BOMBING RUNS ARE OK

STEALING ENEMY PLANES, HELOS, OR VEHICLES FROM AN UNCAPTURABLE FLAG IS NOT PERMITTED.

ALL PLAYERS MUST HAVE NAMES WITH AT LEAST THREE CHARACTERS

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RULES PLEASE LEAVE

Now the last one I think needs to be said....even though you disagree OS&D, and I would agree with you if the server were going private tomorrow. But it's not, the pubbies need to be informed of this...am I wrong in this? If I am, then I apologize.

Now what else is there to do.....oh yes the map glitch thing. Corky...if you are reading this then I wish to say I was absolutley disgusted in your performance on the server last night. To move an enemies carrier next to a flag in the "Docks" map and use it's weapons against the opposing team is cheap.

That was our spawn! It was not capturable for you and you acted like a goofball. I asked you to leave in game text on three different occasions but you decided to hang around in there destroying vehicles. You had three points at the end of the game and did not help your team at all. If I could have destroyed our carrier to get you out I would have...but it was not possible. You exploited a glitch in the game.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe your five year old sister was playing while you were in the can...whatever. You pissed off a lot of people there last night myself included. There is normally at least 10-15 of us on TS...is it really necessary to have your own little SSC channel for the two or three of you that normally play at the same time. You know the reason I was so ticked off is that you have been a member of TG longer then I have but, continued to act in an inappropriate manner. I am presently not a paying member on TG, Corky...not sure if you are either...if I knew for sure you were not last night. If I could have I would have kicked/banned you. Corky, I am available for comment on this NEVER...I wish to discuss this further with you NEVER. Play the game and help your team instead of exploiting a glitch and trying to rack up kills. (which you could not do). Seeya in game sunshine. :D

I figured this needed to be addressed in a public forum...Admins please feel free to paste or post this in another thread....but please do not delete.

I later decided to replace the offender's name with Corky. Corky was a character on the hit TV series "Life Goes On" which ran for a year or two in the late eighties, early nineties. Anyone having seen an episode will know where I am coming from.

Coldbore

I know I am new to this server, but I agree with Ryno. Sniping into an enemy spawn is ligit. Artillary, well, thats not for me to decide, but I see no problem with using a sniper rifle and giving an enemy a third eye. At least he has a chance. Seek shelter, use dead groung(low spots), use bldgs. etc etc etc. If you don't, you'll be dead. I think using aircraft to cover a spawn is great. Providing it is not the only available spawnn for that team. I hate it when you spawn and there is some weeny with a Bradly mowing you down before you take 2 steps. Cowardly. I can dodge one or two bullets, but not a 100.
                            Now I also agree with the fact that a players name should be more than 3 characters long. For 2 reasons. 1. It shows no imagination for that player with "." as his name. 2. It makes it almost impossible to see him. To me, it is unfair.
                            And as for Corky boy there. I too was pissed. Nothing like having your team call for help or advise you of a situation requiring backup, and some one sits there blowing up vehicles. Especially when they are asked to stop. Would you like it Corky if someone walked up to you and started to poke you in the eye. Over and over and over again. Cause that is what is was like for the rest of us. That's all I got to say bout that.
                            The only thing I would like to ask for is this,"STOP WITH THE TK REVENGE KILLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I know sometimes I may TK, but I appologize for it. Every time. Sometimes my itchy finger gets the better of me or sometimes I kill before verifying who it is. But appologizing and then having that player walk up to you later and cut you down for no reason other than to get even......well......... thats childish. We are better than that. In the old addage....Can't we all just get along!
                            Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

Originally posted by Revan
                              Someone tried to pick me up and instead they run me over, hey it happens it is not like i don't get to play for the rest of the mission.
                              *Whistles*...

:twisted:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...