Lag Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Issues

I was on last night (1/7) between 6-8pm EST and noticed a few times that the server was lagging. I heard other folks complaining about it too.

I wanted to find out if this is something that has been consistently happening? Is it new since the new DC .6 patch? Is it only after a certain number of people join?

I didn't notice any lag issues before the new DC .6 patch myself.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Not so much lag, but I had an issue where it would become very choppy when I walked aruond on foot. Everything else would be smooth, but my walking motions would make the screen very choppy. This was usually remedied by jumping in a vehicle or dieing.

Comment

Well, there is huge video lag when the carrier is moved to land on that one map.

I have the same choppiness that Miko and DeRanger have when I start the game, see new objects, hear new sounds, etc.

But I've noticed nothing special with the TG server.

HOWEVER, I will note that ASE almost always shows some packet loss on this server when I check to see who is on. And often, when I do try to join, it will say the server is unresponsive and the I must try again. This only happens to me with the TG server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I have a P4 2.4
        GeForce Mx 440 64 Meg
        SB Live Ultra
        Running on CBL

I know this is probably appoaching the bare minimum for the game, but all I did was increase my virtual memory to 900 Mrgs and it runs fine. The odd map I have a bit of lag when I first join or when there are lots of aircraft, but I am happy. i am going to buy a 128 Meg vid card. Any suggestions. Keep in mind I am only a corporal with limited funds.
        Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

You need to go with the midrange cards. Either a Radeon 9800xt or the GeForce 5750. They run less than $200. Your card is definitely your bottleneck.

How much RAM do you have? And please tell us what your performance was before you changed your VM settings. What were your previous VM settings?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Last night there appeared to be some connection problems. Again, I was on from 6-8p and received several connection problems. Nothing that ever disconnected me, but I think it lagged everyone.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

I didn't have any connection issues last night. I have gotten lock-ups and lag, but it's been mostly the DC .6 mod and framerate issues that I've been getting.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                I didn't have any connection issues last night. I have gotten lock-ups and lag, but it's been mostly the DC .6 mod and framerate issues that I've been getting.
                I had some problems on that map where the Coalition forces spawn offshore of a large fenced-in warehouse complex, with a big crane and a barge (there are a couple of boatshacks with rubber rafts at the Coaltion spawn). I checkd my ping and it was sub-40s, which is normal, but it appeared that I was losing frames while running around (packet loss maybe?). Other than that it's been fine. I used to complain about what a lag-whore this game was, but since I started killing SysTray apps bfore entering the game, and knocked my graphics down to 800x600x32, everything's fine.

Comment

It appears to be certain maps for most people. I'll try to pay attention to which maps and number of players this is caused for.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                    Does anyone play this game on dial up?
                    I haven't but bought the game yesterday. I would be a great test. :)

What all do I need other than BF 1942 and the DC mod?
                    I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

That's all, but you need to get the 1.5 1942 patch, the full .5 DC mod, and the .6 upgrade. INSTALL IN THAT ORDER.

Comment

BTW, you are asking for a world of hurt playing this game on dial-up. I think the max it can handle is 16 players (and that's pushing it), and there are often more than that on the servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          BTW, you are asking for a world of hurt playing this game on dial-up. I think the max it can handle is 16 players (and that's pushing it), and there are often more than that on the servers.
                          Actually I know that. :) My intent is to install it on the girlfriends machine
                          and run it there on the weekends when the NS server is empty.

Besides, I'm a brute for punishment. ;) ;)

Also, there is 4 downloads in the downloads section. Do I need just the BF 1.5
                          patch and the DC .6F?
                          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

yes

Comment

No.

Originally posted by Tempus
                              That's all, but you need to get the 1.5 1942 patch, the full .5 DC mod, and the .6 upgrade. INSTALL IN THAT ORDER.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X