• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortars

How do we use them effectively?

I r teh nub.

Thanks. :D

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

The minimum distance seems to be about 50-70 metres. I've tried them against tanks and it's tough to hit. I think they'd make pretty effective short range artillery.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Well the bastards changed how they work so I'm not really sure how useful they are now. They use to be able to aim fairly close to your position, but now they aim almost straight up and you can't bring them down.

My only thought was to mount one on the side of a hill to try to get the angle down a bit. Other than that they are only useful shooting into buildings or long distances. I know that's how they would really work, but fights in BF rarely occur at these distances.
      flux
      [tg-c1]

Comment

Since the change to mortars in the recent patch, they're very difficult if not impossible to use close range. They do however work with artillery calls. If you have a spotter, then you can shoot long range.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah,

They have change but....all you have to do is look down at the ground when you place it and it will give you a different view other than the great blue sky. ;)
          "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
          "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

You need a spotter and a fairly decent range to hit a target with the current mortars. They are still quite as effective as in the past, they just removed the ability to use them in a manner that in reality WAS fairly inappropriate.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I think I like using scuds and mlrs's for bombing. Boy, do they have punch!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X