Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal graphics ??

Hi All,

I got sick and tired of seeing all my bud's on BF1942 so I broke down bought a new computer and the game to play with you guys.

Now I am still having trouble getting the Mod (I hate file planet trying me third try tonite) but wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Is there any trick to seeing throught the windshield of the Jeep?? If I look up at 60 degree's I can almost see the ground - only flipped a couple of times.

Are many of the special effect blocky in the game. Firing AA for example I get a series of squares as teh muzzle flash.

Same with the trees turning Blocky white. Mostly the trees are pretty good. A lot of detail but every onece and a while they turn blocky white.

Anyway Hope to see you in game soon.

Bob

Sounds like you have some graphics issues.

Post the specs of your computer (CPU, vidcard, RAM, and version of video drivers) and what resolution you are playing at.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Re: Is this normal graphics ??

Originally posted by lt_bob
      Hi All,

I got sick and tired of seeing all my bud's on BF1942 so I broke down bought a new computer and the game to play with you guys.

Now I am still having trouble getting the Mod (I hate file planet trying me third try tonite) but wanted to ask a couple of questions.

Is there any trick to seeing throught the windshield of the Jeep?? If I look up at 60 degree's I can almost see the ground - only flipped a couple of times.

Are many of the special effect blocky in the game. Firing AA for example I get a series of squares as teh muzzle flash.

Same with the trees turning Blocky white. Mostly the trees are pretty good. A lot of detail but every onece and a while they turn blocky white.

Bob
      It is most likey your graphics drivers. I made the stupid mistake of downloading "Microsoft Update's" latest NVidia drivers and it hosed BF1942, GR, and WW2 Fighters. I just updated directly off the NVidia site and these problems went away.

Let's see your system specs and we can resolve this.

Comment

Hi All,

Bob
        Make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card that should clear up the blocky stuff... as for the view of the jeep try hitting your "c" key before you drive and it will change the view that you are looking from... I like to drive with the look from behind view.... :D
        I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by OSD
          Make sure you have the latest drivers for your vid card that should clear up the blocky stuff...
          Usually good advice, but not always.

ATI released a whole series of drivers for the Raedon cards that were total crud for BF1942 and DC, specifically 3.8-3.9. So I use 3.7, a lot of people do. I think I heard that 3.10 was out and was better, but things have been stable for me with 3.7 so I've stuck with it.

A lot of people with ATI cards also have to turn off "Fast Writes", which you can find in the ATI driver config (3.8+ only - in SmartGART), or failing that - it in your motherboard's bios. Turning off Fast Writes apparently isn't much of a performance hit at all.

Comment

My Stats:

AMD 2500+
            Windows XP
            512 pc3200 memory
            Radeon 9600 Pro
            Catalyst drivers are the latest from ATI IE what you get by going to download drivers. they claim to be 3.10.
            AGP 8x
            FastWrites on (will try off).
            Running the desktop at 1024 x 768 x 32
            BF1942 1024x768x32Audigy 2 LS sound

As a clarification the trees mostly look good - it appears to be when I get near them - they change the textures and they go white. At a distance they look like GR trees - IE really good.

I have tried most combinations of setting from High Everything to Low and not any real difference that I can see. IS there a frame rate monitor per se, I am getting 30+ based on what it feels like.

The one thing I need to turn off is lightmaps - All buildings get no textures if that is on.

I will download the 3.7 drivers and see how they are.

OSD thanks for the tip on C - I can drive and almost fly (but a mouse really sucks to fly a plane and I hate having to hold down the w key to keep moving)

Thanks for all of your patience.

BOb

Comment

fps 1 in the console, but your FPS number will be useless. So many things affect that, most notably sound.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

IS what I see.

This was captured at 1024 x 768 all high except for shadows, ATI 3.7 drivers. The JPG process took alot of detail out (the names are 100% clear in the TGA and on screen) .

Note the textures (or lack there of) on the House and the near tree. Note the far trees actually look pretty good. Also the dust coming off of the tire.

Bob

I may reinstall XP on the machine. I have only had to install it once and it usually takes 3 or 4 tries before it is right. . . Sigh . . .

Bob

Comment

I had the same problem with my game and it was the vid driver.. try a couple of them and see what happens before you uninstall stuff... and reinstall.. I know I don't have the same vid card but had the samer problem and a new driver took care of the problem....
                  I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Bob.....before you go ahead and reinstall XP, try these drivers. I've had a lot of good luck with them in the past, as my geforce fx was running very crappy before I got these drivers. I haven't tried the Radeon drivers, but if the Nvidia drivers are any indictator, this MIGHT be your solution.

Good luck 8)

Comment

I run the latest Omega drivers, and like them...

Comment

Thanks to every one for all their help. I am up and running a lot better. everthing is getting textures and it looks alot better. Unfortunatly I had to reinstall windows - even the omegas didn't help. I am on the 4.7 ati drivers right now but am thinling of trying the omegas. they didn't help my problem before 0 but they didn't make it any worse - and it looks like the guy knows what he is doing.

Bob

Comment

Ya I run the omega drivers as well with my 9800xt card never had a problem:)

Comment

Radeon 9600 Pro
                            You're the second person in 2 days whom I've come across who has BF1942 DC problems with the 9600. Nice to hear you got it sorted out.

Hmmm, here's an interesting newsgroup solution to ATI problems that I hadn't seen yet.

TY for the Omega drivers link, hadn't heard about them. Perhaps they will save me some trouble with my next motherboard.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X