Radio Commands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Commands

I wanted to stress the importance of using the in-game radio commands (function keys). Using these will...

1. help keep the team speak server clear.
    2. give a text message onscreen.
    3. highlights (yellow) you on the map so we can see where you're calling from.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

I copied these from this location so others could print or at least see these so they would know

http://rickna.com:81/modules.php?name=commands

Quick commands (hit the key twice):
    F1 F1 - Roger
    F2 F2 - Requesting reinforcements!
    F3 F3 - Unit spotted!
    F4 F4 - Defend/Attack closest control point!
    F5 F5 - Roger
    F6 F6 - Take cover!
    F7 F7 - Go! Go! Go!

Other important commands:
    F1 F2 - Negative
    F2 F1 - Requesting pickup
    F2 F6 - Artillery ready for barrage (so wake up, scouts)
    F3 F1 - Armor spotted!
    F5 F6 - Negative
    F6 F5 - Medic! (or, if in a vehicle, Need repairs!)
    F7 F5 - if in a vehicle, Get in!

Note that you can use the chat commands ("L" for team-only, "K" for everyone) even when you're dead.

Also note that when a scout uses his binoculars (by right-clicking when he's viewing through them), he sends an "I have a target for artillery" type of message. Scouts: do spotting once and wait two minutes - respotting again and again kicks the artilleryman out of his view of the battlefield.

There are plenty of others, but those are the ones frequently used. Here's the entire list (F8 cancels any message begun):

CONFIRM
    F1 F1 - Roger
    F1 F2 - Negative

REQUEST
    F2 F2 - Requesting reinforcements
    F2 F3 - Requesting anti-tank support
    F2 F4 - Requesting naval support
    F2 F5 - Requesting air support
    F2 F6 - Artillery ready for barrage (so wake up, scouts)
    F2 F7 - Requesting armored personnel carrier support

SPOTTED
    F3 F1 - Armor spotted!
    F3 F2 - Infantry spotted!
    F3 F3 - Unit spotted!
    F3 F4 - Ship spotted!
    F3 F5 - Submarine spotted!
    F3 F6 - Airplane spotted!
    F3 F7 - Scout spotted!

DEFEND/ATTACK
    F4 xx - Defend/Attack specific control point (game dependent)
    F4 F4 - Defend/Attack closest control point!

CONFIRM
    F5 F3 - Defending
    F5 F4 - Attacking
    F5 F5 - Roger
    F5 F6 - Negative

ALARMS
    F6 F1 - Wait
    F6 F2 - Fire
    F6 F3 - Hold fire
    F6 F4 - Fire in the hole
    F6 F6 - Take cover!
    F6 F7 - Bail out!

TACTICS
    F7 F1 - Cover me
    F7 F2 - Hold this position
    F7 F3 - Go for the enemy flag
    F7 F4 - Fall back
    F7 F5 - Stick together (or, if in a vehicle, Get in!)
    F7 F6 - Follow me
    F7 F7 - Go! Go! Go!
    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Ug, you know how hard it is to remember all those various command sequences to use a radio command? And forget looking them up in the middle of a battle

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
        Ug, you know how hard it is to remember all those various command sequences to use a radio command? And forget looking them up in the middle of a battle
        Yep, I don't remember most of them, but I've gotten used to a select few very quickly. Here are some that I use frequently. It's more than a few and I'm sure others will use different commands.

Originally posted by OSD
        CONFIRM
        F1 F1 - Roger
        F1 F2 - Negative

REQUEST
        F2 F2 - Requesting reinforcements
        F2 F3 - Requesting anti-tank support
        F2 F5 - Requesting air support

SPOTTED
        F3 F1 - Armor spotted!
        F3 F2 - Infantry spotted!
        F3 F4 - Ship spotted!
        F3 F6 - Airplane spotted!

ALARMS

TACTICS
        F7 F5 - Stick together (or, if in a vehicle, Get in!)
        F7 F6 - Follow me
        F7 F7 - Go! Go! Go!
        Note: Desert Combat has changed a select few, but I don't believe they are from this list.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Couple of things to help.

I rebound all my radio commands to the numpad so it's easier to get to them.

And yeah there are a lot of commands. There are a few that I never remember but I at least know the groupings. 1- Confirm, 2- Request, 3 - Spotted... So I just hit the first number then look at the tips at the top of the screen for the exact command I want to give.
          flux
          [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            Note: Desert Combat has changed a select few, but I don't believe they are from this list.
            One I use a lot 3-3: Enemy Helo Spotted
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by flux
              Couple of things to help.

I rebound all my radio commands to the numpad so it's easier to get to them.

And yeah there are a lot of commands. There are a few that I never remember but I at least know the groupings. 1- Confirm, 2- Request, 3 - Spotted... So I just hit the first number then look at the tips at the top of the screen for the exact command I want to give.
              Hmm but which is easier....

Taking the time to remember which F-key corresponds to which grouping and then spending time in game to look across the top and find the appropriate sub-grouping....

or announcing over teamspeak that an enemy helio has been spotted making its way towards the center flag?

Comment

Taking the time to remember which F-key corresponds to which grouping and then spending time in game to look across the top and find the appropriate sub-grouping....

or announcing over teamspeak that an enemy helio has been spotted making its way towards the center flag?
                Well, team speak may be easier, but if you can't hear it because everyone else is telling me something else too, it's not necessarily better. Using the radio commands gives the grid location and flashes you on the map.
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

Not sure "which is easier" should be the deciding factor on which to use. I understand that easier means more efficient, but easier could also be more confusing to the other players.

Now I agree your example would be better done over TS, but there are a lot of radio commands that are very useful that don't require TS. "Requesting a pickup", "Medic", "Grease Monkey", "Need reinforcements", "I need air support"... These things require the team to know your exact position. I agree telling your team exact positions/directions of the enemy can be done more effectively over TS.

In general I'd say remember those Radio Commands that are just as good, if not better, than using TS. There are quite a few, but should be easily remembered due to the groupings. Leave TS open for things like Tactics "Converge on the left hill" that can't be conveyed with Radio Commands.
                  flux
                  [tg-c1]

Comment

Agreed TS is easier but we do have alot of people playing that are not on TS and they use the radio commands so to let them know maybea return favor of using radio commands would be nice.....
                    I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Blah

I will stick with TS.

If they don't have TS, then that is their loss, not mine.

Comment

Blah

I will stick with TS.

If they don't have TS, then that is their loss, not mine.
                        Sit Boo Boo, sit...good dog. :?
                        "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                        "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                          Smartass :P

I will try to use radio commands but I am not going to use them unless I am safetly off the field of battle in a building with my teammates protecting me while I search for the appropriate sequence of keys to type in ;)

Remember I have the weird configuration setup guys. All my keys are on the num keypad where my left hand rests and my right hand moves the mouse. So for me to type in F1-F12, I have to reach over and locate the key, not a fun thing to do if the enemy is around or you are trying to do something else at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                            Smartass :P
                            There's always at least 1. :)

Remember I'm weird
                            Nuff' said.... :D
                            I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

Learning the radio commands and using them. As it provides multiple forms of notification as well as location. Most people can't describe where their own head is, never mind an enemy helo.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X