Showing framerate in 1942 is funky...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing framerate in 1942 is funky...

When I type "fps 1" in BF1942 console I get the framerate info in the upper right hand side, but I also get a large red heartbeat running across the middle of the screen. I'm guessing it's network packet information, but other people who use the same command get no heartbeat, just the framerate info. What's up with that?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Screenshot? :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

AS do I. It also seems to track the frame rate - the lower the frame rate the futher down the screen it is.

bob

Comment

Is 'Framerate' different than 'FPS'?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

no, they are the same

Comment

One of the last few BF patches added the heartbeat. It really sux cause I know a few of us used to leave that running in upper left hand corner of the screen while playing. Now it's so annoying that I check once in a great while to see my framerate, then turn it right back off.

No way to remove it that I know of.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

I don't have a heartbeat... All I have is the numbers in the upper left corner. I type "fps 1" in the console.

Comment

try console.drawfpsgraph 0 at the console to turn off the graph.
                flux
                [tg-c1]

Comment

Oooh! Thanks man! I'll give that a try!

Originally posted by flux
                  try console.drawfpsgraph 0 at the console to turn off the graph.
                  Twisted Firestarter
                  a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                  sigpic

Comment

what does this do i did it and no noise or nothing i just was lagging can some 1 explain thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X