Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying helos is not easy... (real life crashes)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying helos is not easy... (real life crashes)

http://www.mvas.com/smallcopter.wmv

http://www.fracpilot.com/helicopter_crash.wmv
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

the first one was hilarous.... :D

Comment

holy crap... I would be kicking that guys ass if that was one of my planes out there next to his dumb ass.... damn.....

Comment

No doubt!
        sigpic
        I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Huh, that first one looks almost exactly like I did when I first tried flyin a heli in BF1942.

As for the second one, those helis don't float very well, huh? Went down like a rock. I wonder if anyone survived that.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder if anyone survived that.
            I think I've seen stills from that somewhere, I'm pretty sure one or both pilots went down with her. :(

That first one was grotesque incompetence and extreme negligence. He could have *easily* killed a lot of bystanders. From the audio, it sounds like the guy had ZERO training and no license.

Sure looked like DC though :D Both my early DC experiences and that video scares the heck out of me wrt the idea of trying to learn to fly a chopper in real life. :D I'm ok in DC with choppers now (even the apache), but it's still "hairy scary" time with no margin for error. :oops:

Comment

After looking at that chnook video again, I just realized that the heli went down because his wheel was caught on the guard rail when he tried to hover away from the ship. And, although you can't see it, I think the reason he didn't make it onto the heli pad in the first place was because of that same wheel being caught on the guard rail.
              Twisted Firestarter
              a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
              sigpic

Comment

You mean you cant just get in a chopper with no training or a license? Some people or completey insane!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X