sorry,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry,

So sorry for jumping into that big game last night and then having to ditch. With everything going on I was getting a really low frame rate and I couldnt hear have of the stuff going on around me.

I love the big games, but the way it is now I wont be able to play them, so long life half empty servers!

Why can't you play when the server is full Ender? Are you having some connecting probs?

Comment

Are you having connection problems or video lag? For some maps, video lag can be really bad. Usually decreasing your video settings will help with that, though it sux to have to decrease that.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Its video lag. I've got my video settings the lowest they will go and it doesnt help, my computer sucks and I need a new one.

As it is now, it sounds like crap (I can only here about 60% of the sounds that go on around me), looks like crap, and I cant even see that far ahead of it because I have to put the draw distance down so low..

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
          Its video lag. I've got my video settings the lowest they will go and it doesnt help, my computer sucks and I need a new one.

As it is now, it sounds like crap (I can only here about 60% of the sounds that go on around me), looks like crap, and I cant even see that far ahead of it because I have to put the draw distance down so low..

You killed me in this condition...Thx for making me feel like crap! :shock:

Comment

I've killed dudeman about 4 times straight last night while only getting about 20 frames and not being able to see him all that great (at first I thought I was shooting at Paul until I saw Pauls tag in the window :P ).

Desert maps are usually the best for it because its wide open, but city maps (especially that one at night) are horrible for me to play on because everything seems to blend in together. Its hard to know whats firing at you from a distance.

Comment

Another suggestion might be to turn your sounds to the lowest setting if you haven't already. I know with my old computer I had lag due to sounds. I put those on the lowest setting and was able to have the video at least at medium level.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Uhh, is Ender on dial-up?

BF1942-DC actually takes a bit more than the old dial-up bandwidth. Last I checked on a 28 person server IIRC I was using 9000 bytes/s download and 4-5000 bytes/s upload. More than the old 3-4,000 bytes/s each way with CS. And that probably doesn't include the times with 500-1000 bytes/s TS2.

Comment

Ender is on cable, besides I know the difference between video lag and network lag.

Comment

Add more RAM. DC needs MORE that 512MB.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      512 Mb is plenty for DC. I only have 512 MB and I'm running at full video and audio settings.
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

besides I know the difference between video lag and network lag
                        I don't :)

I've got DSL that's never given me problems before, so I don't suspect that. It's just that there are a couple of maps in DC where on a 32 person server I have to go down to 800x600x16 with 70% view distance and minimum-quality settings in my video card drivers, just to be playable. And that's with an Athlon 1700 w 756MB PC133 and an ATI 9700.

So I figure it's gotta be my CPU/Memory, and am planning to upgrade those shortly. (I've got sound down to 11 or 17 channel and 22khz, 11khz is just too aweful for me...)

The map I have the most problems with is DC-Desert Shield, especially around the eastern and southern flags, especially with more of the players in the area. Other people on the server aren't having these problems, so it can't be a server CPU limitation. The people who have fast load times and no-performance problems all seem to have tons of DDR memory on a newer type motherboard, and 2.2+ GHz CPUs.

Make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                          Originally posted by Tempus
                          512 Mb is plenty for DC. I only have 512 MB and I'm running at full video and audio settings.
                          For whatever reason, it wasn't enough for me. I trimmed my processes to no avail. Before I added more memory, I would get stuttering video whenever something 'new' happened -- sounds, images, vehicles, etc. Now, I have no problems.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X