Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow map loading? Speed it up by 3-10 seconds.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow map loading? Speed it up by 3-10 seconds.

We all know how slow load times are for BF1942 maps. There is a fairly easy way to speed it up significantly. How much it helps depends on how fast your CD-ROM drive is, how fast your access times to your CD-ROM is, etc.

Basically, you need to create an ISO of the BF1942 disc 1 (CDClone is a good utility to use) and then use a utility called Daemon Tools to create a virtual CD-ROM drive on that image. Turn Daemon Tools SafeDisc emulation on and you are set. Your CD-ROM won't have to spin up every time a map loads.

C'mon, you know you want to always have that <0> next to your name. ;)

Besides faster load times, you won't always have to have your CD handy when you play. Can you say, "Prodigy CD in the drive instead"?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Cool but I got mine set up so I don't need a copy of the disc on my harddrive or the CD in the CD-ROM. :)

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I tried two different no-cd solutions but got errors when joingin server so OI am currently stuck with a CD in the drive. Just waiting for something to happen to it.

Bob

Comment

You try the Daemon Tools bit yet, bob? It should work. I plan on setting it up today.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I would kill to find a cd-crack...I'm just wearing out my cd drive right now...I mean I bought the game....I just need the crack...is there some other simplier way than this virtual image thing?
          "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
          "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

I LOVE Deamon Tools...All hail Deamons tools. I have use this program forever, but with my new PC, im ususally the first one in the game with CD in...

Comment

I haven't tried the daemon tools yet. Bakc when I was playing starcraft all the time I bought the paragon software for virtual CD and have used it since - shame they didn't pick up on the safedisk scemes et al.

Bob

At least now I have the disk space to put cd images.

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                I would kill to find a cd-crack...
                For some reason Gamecopyworld had a 1.5 no-cd exe for a while but now they don't...

Anyway, I'm using it with no problems but unfortunately can't find another searching for it... :?

PM me if you're e-mail can handle 9 meg files.

Comment

Well I did get Daemon tools to work. I had to get Alcohol 120 aswell to create the image file - and man did it take a long time. They must have put a couple of hundred bad sectors into this disk.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by DeRanger
                    For some reason Gamecopyworld had a 1.5 no-cd exe for a while but now they don't...

Anyway, I'm using it with no problems but unfortunately can't find another searching for it... :?

PM me if you're e-mail can handle 9 meg files.
                    I'm using the Immersion version at GameCopyWorld. It's there but just isn't listed in the index at the top of the page. If you scroll down a bit you'll see a few versions for 1.5.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I have the nocd thingy, you can rip it off of me through ODC.

I usually dont idle on that, so you can contact me via AIM.

EmanonGTS

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                        Cool but I got mine set up so I don't need a copy of the disc on my harddrive or the CD in the CD-ROM. :)
                        The problem with that is when a new patch for the game comes out you have to find a new No-CD crack. Easier just to make an ISO once. It took me all of 16 minutes to create an ISO from disk 1.
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                          You try the Daemon Tools bit yet, bob? It should work. I plan on setting it up today.
                          Daemon Tools is the best thing since sliced bread.
                          Twisted Firestarter
                          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                            I would kill to find a cd-crack...I'm just wearing out my cd drive right now...I mean I bought the game....I just need the crack...is there some other simplier way than this virtual image thing?
                            Like I said, it only took me only 16 minutes to make an ISO using CDClone. At this point I'm seriously considering getting a few hundred GB hard drive just to put images of all my frequently used games on it. Then, mount all the images using Daemon Tools and voila, no more CD's to worry about.
                            Twisted Firestarter
                            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse