X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game Team Radio

Hi,
    I was reading some posts on communication in games and some tips,
    Here are some things Pirelli and I use, Pirelli is my son we are in the same house, we also use teamspeak
    What I noticed is a lot of lag time before he hears my warning of a tank, chopper airplane or infantry
    So we had learned to use in-game radio, it gives a grid reference on some commands and is a lot quicker then TP, so we use in-game radio for quick alarms and location beacons, and use teamspeak for attack plan and conformations

Some examples of in game radio:
    (Default)
    f3, f1 = Enemy armor spotted: This command sends a team alert with grin location numbers before the alert, also if you look at in-game map, the person sending alerts blinks, also if you are looking in the direction of the target on the map you show up as an arrow pointing in the direction of target

f3, f2 = Enemy Infantry spotted

f3,f3 = Enemy Helo spotted

so on and so on

it is not easy to learn all the radio commands , and be able to use then effectively in games, but for me and Pirelli it has become (as Pirelli said to me) a mandatory and essential part of our game,

Also the in-game map, for reference to friend or foe

Hitting the Enter key or the M key will bring up entire game map (Default)
    Hitting the N key will zoom in and out on the mini map in upper top right corner

In-game map for me is probably the most important tool I use, for attack, defense and reference

Ok I think this is enough for my first Post on the forum, thank you for your time ;)
    THRASH

P.S. in no way am I saying in-game radio should replace team speak, but in combination they work great for me and pirelli :twisted:

makes sense to me, but I just barely started playing.....

excellent 1st post ;)

Comment

Glad to see you in here, Thrash! I think you and Pirelli were the only regulars that we haven't seen in here, and I'm glad to see that change!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

hehe

I dont think Pirelli likes me very much. I was owning him with the sniper rifle on bocage :P. He tried jumping around and it didnt work like he wanted too (got him in mid air a couple of times).

Comment

i agree it does offer a good reference as to maps location and the guy flashing as an indicator... it works best integrated with the teamspeak system.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I like the radio a lot, but some times I get ignored :(

Comment

I dont think Pirelli likes me very much.

Well _Ender_ Pirelli doesn’t hold grudges, ;) if you knew the system he is on you would be shocked he does so well :shock: , he does best on the ground hand to hand, or gun to gun as assault also very good gunner, often him and I will fly in a helicopter he as my gunner, we clear the area (as best we can) he jumps out
              And finishes off the wounded or hiding, and takes flag. Then back in the chopper and on to next target

I do a bit of my own owning , but I will not mention names
              I will just say DEATH FROM ABOVE :twisted: hehe

Comment

yeah thrash come along in your hind or apache and face the rath of my stinger

otherwise known as DEATH BY DudeMan

ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ahhhh hha ha ha ha ...hmmmm hmmmmm hhmmmm hee he he he :twisted:

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I use the Nostromo N52 and have it all loaded up with radio commands grouped by what role i'm playing. Makes it really easy to have all those radoi messages available at a single keypress.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I found a list of radio commands that might help
                    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/game/voice/

in the list , they are numbered 11,12,13 so on, 11= f1,f1 35 would be f3,f5

hope that helps ;)

Comment

thats reall handy, thanks thrash

Comment

Originally posted by THRASH
                        I found a list of radio commands that might help
                        http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/game/voice/
                        Note that these are vanilla BF radio commands.

A few of the DC changes that I can remember off-hand

33: Enemy helo spotted
                        37: Mines spotted
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Oooooh :!: :!: also very important, in sound options select English Dialog, (unless you understand Arabic :| ) this helps when you are on opposition ,
                          To set this go to: Game menu, Options, Sound at the bottom is an arrow to switch to nest menu, click to menu 2/2 check the box “English Dialog” then restart your game and no more Arabic Chants
                          8)

Comment

Oooooh :!: :!: also very important, in sound options select English Dialog, (unless you understand Arabic :| ) this helps when you are on opposition ,
                            To set this go to: Game menu, Options, Sound at the bottom is an arrow to switch to nest menu, click to menu 2/2 check the box “English Dialog” then restart your game and no more Arabic Chants
                            8)
                            but the Arabic chants make playing opposition so much cooler :P

Comment

Re: In-Game Team Radio

What I noticed is a lot of lag time before he hears my warning
                              Here's a big tip for everyone wrt tweaking TeamSpeak.

http://www.ept-clan.de/ts2client/options.htm

TeamSpeak has a configuration option called "Direct Sound Buffer Size" which ranges from "Lower Latency" to "Better Sound Quality".

Of course the codec chosen and server bandwidth setting affect sound quality a lot. So I've turned it *ALL* the way to "Lower Latency". Now there is a vastly smaller lag between when I speak and other people hear me.

And I haven't noticed a significant difference in quality, most servers use a larger-than-minimum bandwidth setting, 9kbps and above, which is tons for voice.

Of course as the details on that page note, there are lots of exceptions to this rule. I have a SBLive Value and am in Windows 2000, and have a room hot air vent not too far away which affects my sound quality a lot more than some obscure sound-card setting.

Cheers,

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X