Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiN Episodes

http://www.sinepisodes.com/

This project is starting to look very interesting indeed.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/onethumb/20...-sin-episodes/

http://blogs.smugmug.com/onethumb/20...ions-answered/

Re: SiN Episodes

Sin Episodes Preloads have begun. The release is May 9th, and the same deal that DoD and RO had applies: 19.95 for the first episode, less 10% for the preorder.

Comment

Episodic Delivery
      Buy as little or as much of the game as you want, with each installment offering 3 - 6 hours of action-packed gameplay. But tread lightly, as the choices you make may influence future episodes in unforeseen ways.
      Is this a good thing?

Comment

I like the idea they have here. Like the old books that would have you pick a choice then advance you to a certain page.

- -

Comment

I put the trailer up in the Member Downloads area. It looks pretty sweet. I'm not big on single player games, but Half Life 2 really sucked me in and this looks to be of the same quality.

I mean, who doesn't want to see this girl kick ass?

Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah, I'm interested in this. Apparently the original SiN was awesome but came out at the same time as the original Half Life so it didn't get the attention it deserved.

Comment

If you order Episode 1 now, you get the original SiN for free, right now, to play until the episode comes out :D

Comment

I really don't like their lead girl, standard cookie cutter hot video game vixen. "I have yellow and black colors on my cheeks as my polygons are the main selling point."

Ho hum
                Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

I've preordered....mostly because I was interested in playing the old game.

http://www.ritual.com/sin/index2.html

Here is a great passage from the Gamespot Review (7.7):

Originally posted by Gamespot
                  When it's at its best, Sin looks like a violent comic book or an exploitative action movie. The weapons are high-tech and over-the-top, the women are top-heavy, blood gushes all over the place, and most everything breaks or explodes eventually. As dictionary-definition tough guy John Blade, you must shoot your way through hundreds of gun-toting bruisers and nogoodniks. Sure, they all look the same, but they die in all kinds of different ways.
                  A straight up run and gun shooter, Quake II style. And you know what? Nothing wrong with that.

AVault had some good points on it:http://www.avault.com/reviews/review...ame=sin&page=3

Most of the reviews, however, are from 1998 or 1999, which means that they don't cover the fully patched Steam version. Looks like there are still some lingering Multiplayer issues, but they are working on it.

Comment

So, who's played Sin 1? Is it any good? Does it compare to HL?

I think I'm going to get this tomorrow...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      So, who's played Sin 1? Is it any good? Does it compare to HL?

I think I'm going to get this tomorrow...
                      I've been playing through it. It's... fast. The AI is smart enough not to run right at you, but they're a little too smart when it comes to situations where you think stealth might apply best (as in, they've got eagle eyes in the front and back of their heads). It makes for a very quick game, since moving slowly doesn't do anything but make you a slower target.

The story is kind of weak as well; I can see how, when placed against the gold standard Half-Life has become, the first SiN fell through the cracks.

It's a decent game though, don't get me wrong. But the fact that it's neat 8 years old puts some strikes against it. A fine distraction, though.
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

The first Sin episode is gold. In stores and on Steam may 10th.
                        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Anyone else having problems with this? I launch the game through Steam and get the Nvidia ad, then the sin logo comes up but nothing else happens...

*Edit: Nevermind. Firewall was blocking access to the internet. Problem solved :). I'll post my findings of the game once I've played it awhile.

Comment

Yeah, the game's out now. I hear it's fun but I haven't bought it yet; waiting for more reviews.

Comment

The game is pretty fun, it took me maybe 5-6 hours to beat.

I like playing with the medkit stations and tossing out old canisters, then shooting full ones and getting healed in the cloud was pretty cool.

Overall for my 17.95 pre-order I'm pretty happy with it, it was a fun game. I am really intrigued by the individual challenge system. They said they took a guy who never played an fps before (only rts) and a hardcore CPL guy and let them play through the game and they finished within 15 minutes of eachother due to the pacing module of the challenge system.

This happens seamlessly; the point is to make sure that casual or unskilled players can still play through the game without being frustrated, and really hardcore gamers have enough challenge to keep their interest. Mustaine commented that "we had a hardcore CPL gamer sitting next to a guy who had never played an FPS before and they finished the whole game within 15 minutes of each other."
                              http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2005...inepisodes_1.x
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X