Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Regiment, an SAS tactical shooter.. out..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Regiment, an SAS tactical shooter.. out..

Released at the same time as Lockdown, to a surprised game community, looks pretty damn good, and said to be better then Lockdown by first imression...

http://www.konami-regiment.com/intro.php
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: The Regiment, an SAS tactical shooter.. out..

Is their any reviews around? It looks interesting, I would be willing to try it if it gets decent reviews.

Comment

just came out today... I will be getting it just to test and report on it. ;)

I'll let you know.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I wanted to take a moment and tell everyone about this new game called THE REGIMENT.

THE REGIMENT is a squad based shooter developed by Konami, in cooperation with former SAS member John McAleese. This title is receiving high levels of praise from everyone that touches it. The action is supposed to be fast, brutal, and realistic.

Check out this quote from a gamer who has some real experience in this area:

There have only been about 10 games ever that grabbed me and I just had to run without distraction. The Regiment is one. Here are a few notes from the little time I have had with this game.

Weapons selection isn't like having an armory on board. But guess what, it doesn't work like that in the real world. Rather than waste time on having a bazillion guns, the dev team focused on a few and got it right. Right down to your guy yelling mag change when he is reloading. Having a bunch of weapons to choose is no substitute for crappy gaming. This game has less weapons because it doesn't have to cover for the lack of gameplay.

I really like the SWAT series but I get tired of having to taze some civvie that won't listen. Guess what, you just punch uncooperatives in The Regiment.

I tossed a flashbang into a room, burst in and fired. The terrorist was on the floor. Next thing I know, one of my lads hoses him down. Turns out he wasn't dead. Just like the actual raid, they shot the terrorists even when they dropped their weapons because of the claim they would set off bombs in the embassy and the SAS didn't want someone diving for a detonator. It wasn't a glitch when this happened because I have seen it enough to grin.

Shotgunning the door hinges rather than the locks.

On the fly orders that do not mean the game is dumbed down but are used because of the speed of assaults.

Physics.

Gasping on the ground that sounds real. Of course this goes away when you run room cleanup with a pistol.

No magical crosshairs in simulation mode - the only way to run the game.

Excellent introduction videos form former John McAleese.

Terrorists are not dead eye shots but neither are they blind. A good balance.

Proof that superman assault vision - which doesn't exist - is no substitute for a good game where assessment of the situation has to be made on entry. You know, just like in the real world.

I will say it again. Room clearing is controlled chaos and this title gets it. Yelling isn't enough to simulate it, there has to be that tactical frenzy and The Regiment has it.

I wish I had more time for this morning but I want to get in a level before PT.

I just hope someone from Ubisoft or any company thinking about a tactical assault game looks at this title because frankly I am tired of wasting my breath. It gets frustrating telling AND showing someone "This is how it works" and then they do what they want and it fails miserably. Console LD*cough*. There is no satisfaction in I told you so when a great game idea goes in the toilet because we all get robbed

Before you get too excited, THE REGIMENT WILL NOT BE RELEASED IN THE US. If you are interested in the title, you need to e-bay it or get one of your UK gaming friends to send it to you.

Links for those that are now interested:

Official Site: http://www.konami-regiment.com

Agr-s forums (sister site of GR.net), Regiment subforum area: http://www.agr-s.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=36

SimHQ Review: http://simhq.com/_land/land_035a.html

Some video links: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search (ignore the hits that do not apply to the video game)

IGN screenshot gallery: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/699/699089/imgs_1.html

-----

Comment

actually it has been released in the US at www.gogamer.com

Also, I bought it, from over seas when it first came out... been sitting on my desk un-opened since, lol, just to busy with other games.

I hear it is a good game, but more of a run and gun compared to SWAT4... but hearing good things about it still, just faster paced.
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
            actually it has been released in the US at www.gogamer.com

Also, I bought it, from over seas when it first came out... been sitting on my desk un-opened since, lol, just to busy with other games.

I hear it is a good game, but more of a run and gun compared to SWAT4... but hearing good things about it still, just faster paced.
            GoGamer is out of Vancouver, aren't they?

Comment

I don't think so, because I know gamers from Canada can't order from gogamer, Jason... the gogamer rep says there still looking into it.
              Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Very interesting and informative article to be read...Very interesting and informative article to be read...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X