Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Tribes?

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...threadid=11895

Some interesting rumors making the rounds of the Tribes sites.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Return of Tribes?

Tribes and Starcraft are really where my Online Presence began. I never bought Vengance, but This makes me wonder what my old pals from the Tribes RPG Mod are up to.

Tribes RPG = Very cool Modification of a fps to an RPG for the origonal Tribes. Possibly one of the first mmorpgs (non-MUD), I remember a server that could host 16 people! -hey, 16 players is alot so many years ago.

EQ was around or coming around that time too, but EQ Sucks.

I would really be interested in seeing a new tribes come out. I was pretty dissapointed with Tribes 2 honestly. They're master servers were really buggy. But that was also probably partially due to Sierra ganking the cord on their company.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

How were the master servers buggy? Or are you thinking of the IRC-based DB servers that managed the user identities and in-game email and forums? That indeed was quite buggy. But the "master server" is just a list of active servers, and there's not much you can get wrong with one of those.

The IRC-based stuff remains pretty shakey. I haven't been able to use the in-game email for a long time, and the identity management depends on that. The concepts were useful though, and we see a pale attempt at reproduction in the GameSpy identity system used by BF2.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Rumor was debunked. No Tribes :(

I'm sad, you see, because Starsiege: Tribes is m y favorite game of all time.

Comment

I'd love to see T2 running on the TSE engine. I don't really want a "new" game, just the old game brought up to current technology. Once that happens, the modders can expand it to fill the desires of specific niches. T2 was highly moddable which I think was one of its strengths. The TSE engine license is only $250 right now which is very cheap and easily within the reach of serious hobbyists. (I've got one.)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X