1.52 Patch Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.52 Patch Released

This patch addresses the peek bug introduced with patch 1.51 and other small bug fixes. Ubisoft has also mentioned that they will no longer continue to address the ladder-lock and frag-lock bugs after this patch.

The patch is approximately 5 MB in size and I have made the US version temporarily available HERE.

Another source for all applicable downloads is http://www.3dgamers.com/games/rainbowsix3/
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

this gonna be on the server too?

or do we wait to patch?

;)

Comment

I have added both US and UK updates to the downloads section... At the moment they are not showing up yet. We will not update the server untill the updates are able to be downloaded.
      I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
      --Douglas Adams

Comment

As always, wait until the server has been patched before applying the client patch.
        Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Ok, the US and UK patches are in the download section, and both servers have been updated.

Now, lets get a tvt game going.
          I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
          --Douglas Adams

Comment

Sounds good to me, date/time?

Comment

Originally posted by L0GiCaL1
              Sounds good to me, date/time?
              Well.. we had about 10 or 12 players on earler tonight... We should try it again tomorrow night... Much Much Fun.
              --Douglas Adams

Comment

lol...

this last patch (1.52) was supposed to fix the "peek thru walls" bug...

more egg on ubiface... lol

Comment

I never knew there was a peek through wall bug
                  Jex.

Comment

I never knew there was a peek through wall bug
                    I think it was introduced with the 1.51 or 1.52 patch.. ;)

some folks are talking about going back to OEM and just deal with the frag and ladder bugs instead...
                    :D

Comment

From the look of it I'd say that you have to lean into the wall to affect the bug. Does this need the HB sensor to make it happen or will leaning suffice
                      Jex.

Comment

We'd better stop the talk about exploiting. I don't want to have to lock this thread. Let it be known that an exploit exists and Ubi hasn't fixed it. That's all that needs to be known.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'd prefer to know about it and how it is acheived so it can be avoided. Also if we are playing TvT (on the pubs) and i see someone using it I'll cap their ass. But we need to know how it is used to combat it.
                          Jex.

Comment

yeah, what sarc said...

The "honerable" thing to do is TK anyone you see peeking into walls, and call it done.

I just posted the pic to show how ridiculous this ubi port of the unreal engine has become.

I work in a place that is porting code from one airframe to another, and is dealing with similar issues (no, not wall-peeking). But anytime you base your work on someone else's without intricate domain knowledge of that other group's work, bad things happen.

I hate to see this happen. I like the game, but ubi keeps shooting themsleves in the foot.

Comment

I would actually prefer to know how this is done, so that we can avoid or spot it. I trust those that game on TG to not cheat 100%.

However, I do see this as a huge issue with TvT.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X