Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOTS on server?

Just wondering...

Would it be beneficial to add bots to the server setup for those "quiet" times when no one's around?

Don't even know if it's an option in the current setup, and it probably will tax everyone's system when you've got 20-30 real players online.
    |TG| HOUDINI

It would be cool to have a full server of bots. When someone joins, it removes a bot.

Comment

I like that idea....Bots to kill when its slow, replaced by real players as they join. Is this possible?

Comment

Ugh...I'd like to cast my vote for the "terrible idea" category. I'd prefer to hang and practice with just a few live people than have a server full of bots when things are slow. If I want bots I can start a single player game.

Twisted Firestarter
        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
        sigpic

Comment

Apophis set up some of the maps for coop play, including bots.

On some maps they were pretty darn good, and provided a nice little bit of practice. Hell, they whipped us pretty good on the Bocage map.

On other maps, it's pretty easy to box them in and it quickly becomes unchallenging.

Personally, if it was configurable to have a dynamic number of bots based on real players, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I tell ya: when you've got about 20-30 bots running around, the action gets pretty intense.
          |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

http://216.109.117.135/search/cache?p=battlefield+ai+bot&ei=UTF-8&n=20&fl=0&url=JT6Uih7PecgJ:www.planetbattlefield .com/mdt/MDTDOC/AI/BasicAI.pdf

just something i found about AI bots (Battlefield 1942)

Comment

This is a good Idea the only thing wrong is RYN will not be able to play anymore the bots are smarter than he is and RYN will not get any kills....:P
              I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

I like the idea of bots. It would be nice to hang around on the server and have something to do. Then when a couple real players show up you have someone to talk to. You can even team up against the bots. It would be better than splitting up in a 2v2 or 3v3 match.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter
                  Ugh...I'd like to cast my vote for the "terrible idea" category. I'd prefer to hang and practice with just a few live people than have a server full of bots when things are slow. If I want bots I can start a single player game.
                  Indeed.
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter

I disagree. You populate the server with a full cadre of bots, and when someone "live" shows up, a bot is kicked. When a live person bails out, a bot is reinserted. This maintains the balance of the game, and allows for a small team of (say 3) to test out strategies without having to wait for a full live house.

And I'll tell you what - it would be a F*CK of a lot more interesting than to have to deal with countless public retards like tonight, who insist on TKing and spawn-camping.

Comment

Originally posted by NippleCorn
                      I disagree. You populate the server with a full cadre of bots, and when someone "live" shows up, a bot is kicked. When a live person bails out, a bot is reinserted. This maintains the balance of the game, and allows for a small team of (say 3) to test out strategies without having to wait for a full live house.
                      Find a program that does this for BF:1942 and we'll try it out...
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

You can setup certain maps to play as co-op, but you can't set that for certain times of the day. That means even if we have quite a few ppl on we may get bots.

Another thing is most pubbies don't look for coop servers. They'll just head to another server.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...