Installed .7: BF1942 now crashes to the desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed .7: BF1942 now crashes to the desktop

I just installed the DC .7 patch and can no longer play online. The game now crashes to the desktop once the map is finished loading. I can start a single player DC game fine. I've even tried connecting via the BF1942 interface rather than the All-Seeing-Eye launcher. In each case the game crashes once the map load is finished.

WTF?

Anyone have any ideas?
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Correction: This happens on about half the servers I try to connect to. They are all 1.6/.7 servers, various maps.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Comment

I could play the odd pubby server, but TG server always crashes. But with me, it loads about 1/3 of the way. This is soooooooooooooo bad.
      Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

OK,

I'm in the process of D/L now and will hold of on install until I find out whats happening. Is it just these two poor souls, or is it happening to everyone? ;)
        "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
        "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

So far as I know there are 4 of us who have this problem. Some guys on pubby servers too.

Comment

I'm going to try and strip DC from the server and re-install it from the .7 full and see if that helps.
            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I down loaded overnight then installed this morning. Tried to get on to the TG server twice and was sent to desk top. Left for work and can not tried anything else til I get home... :( It could of been a bad download because I noticed that the size of the download was 601mb where it said on the site it should of been 591mb.
              I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

I subscribed to File Shack and dowloaded it 3 times. All the same size 591 Megs.

Comment

I think the wrong install might have been on the server. The server-specific install for DC 0.7 is only 27MB.

I'm downloading and re-installing this on the server now.
                  Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Thanks...Good job Paul! :D

Comment

I saw one there for 28 MB's. Was that one for servers only?

Comment

Just tried to load it. Went to 100% then gave me a "Data Differs From Server" error. Hmmmmmmm

Comment

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/desertcombat/topic.asp?fid=6547&tid=1285306

Sometimes i get random crashes, but it's usually because Windows XP won't uninstall everything on it's own. Sometimes it can be solved by completely getting rid of the remaining files manually.

Try uninstalling BF altogether, i mean, first- Desertcombat then the regular BF1942 through the "add-remove programs", then after uninstalls, go to the Program Files and see if you find any remaining folders in the Progam Files/EA games, that related to Battlefield or any mods you have. Delete them all. Then go to start-run-type regedit. From there go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE expand go to SOFTWARE expand go to EA GAMES and see if you find any registry keys for Battlefield. Delete them.
                          Then restart your machine, pop in the BF CD, install, then all the BF 1942 patches , then DC .7 with none of the earlier versions. see if it works now.
                          Also, make sure you have your latest drivers for your graphics and sound card, i had 3.10 drivers for my ATI and after upgrading to 4.1, it ran more stable.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/desertcombat/topic.asp?fid=6547&tid=1285306

Sometimes i get random crashes, but it's usually because Windows XP won't uninstall everything on it's own. Sometimes it can be solved by completely getting rid of the remaining files manually.

Try uninstalling BF altogether, i mean, first- Desertcombat then the regular BF1942 through the "add-remove programs", then after uninstalls, go to the Program Files and see if you find any remaining folders in the Progam Files/EA games, that related to Battlefield or any mods you have. Delete them all. Then go to start-run-type regedit. From there go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE expand go to SOFTWARE expand go to EA GAMES and see if you find any registry keys for Battlefield. Delete them.
                            Then restart your machine, pop in the BF CD, install, then all the BF 1942 patches , then DC .7 with none of the earlier versions. see if it works now.
                            Also, make sure you have your latest drivers for your graphics and sound card, i had 3.10 drivers for my ATI and after upgrading to 4.1, it ran more stable.
                            I planned on doing that anyway...it sounds like a good idea for a fresh re-install of everything.

Comment

Just got in boys........ it worked doing that. WAAHOOOOOOOO!!!! You admin guys are GODS!!!! Thanks

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X