DC No FLY Zone [MAP]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC No FLY Zone [MAP]

There are many people that do not like this map and some that do. I would like to get the popular opinion of the people to see what you think.
    Should we leave DC No-Fly Zone or should we pull it out of the server rotation.

Personally I do not like the map and would rather play a battle I can fight from land and air instead of strictly from the air. Just my opinion..

What do you think.

FireMarshal
    Keep DC No Fly Zone
    50.00%
    Pull DC No Fly Zone out of rotation.
    41.67%
    Don't Care
    8.33%

I really like the maps that allow vehicle and air support for the ground troops. I played No Fly Zone a couple of times and it's no fun because I can't get used to the flying. I'm not prepared to spend hours offline honing flight skills for online play and I'm definitely not going to practice flying online with you guys. If I want a flight sim, I play Lock On.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      I'm definitely not going to practice flying online with you guys.
      Why not? That's how I learned. I'm not the best in a plane or helo, but I'd say I'm above average...

I just need to figure out how to bomb.... I think I always release too late...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well here it is 5:24am and I just spent (2) 40min map rotations learning to fly a chopper... I HATED not being able to fly one... but I think I am finaly able to somewhat handle my own now... I am not as good as say Apophis, Ryn, Dudeman or some of the others at it.. but I will get there in time... But I finaly buckled down and just learned..

Now as far as plane flying.. I am fine with bombing and air combat.. but just hated a map where we fly in circles catching flags and shooting at each other in planes.. Now granted we always do that (IE run in circles capturing flags) but in this one it is just so bland... IMO... At least in other maps you can run on foot or grab a tank or jeep or.. somethin... this one is just either fly... or well... fly... and thats about it... The only fun I have in this map is jacking the other sides planes of which is the only real challage... flying back and fourth getting flags is like riding a see saw... you got it.. we got it... you got it... and so fourth.. And only in planes.. Err.. so frusrating.. So Blah..

My to coppers..

FireMarshal

Comment

Pull it. No one cares for that map, everytime it comes into rotation, all you hear is "Aw Man!" I thinks we can do with out it.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            Why not? That's how I learned. I'm not the best in a plane or helo, but I'd say I'm above average...

Try changing you attack view to the follow view then you can see where you bomb and when you release.. I thought I was doing the same thing and started bombing this way and started hitting alot more stuff
            I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

I don't like the map. Do we still have both of them in there?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I already listen to you guys make fun of the pubbies that can't fly properly and how they shouldn't waste aircraft if they can't fly. Personally, I'm not going to waste a perfectly good aircraft when another player can use it effectively. Also, it's not the best environment to practice when I'm struggling to keep the plane in the air and skilled enemies are shooting me down. As I said, if I want to practice flying I would play Lock On.

Comment

To each there own Sarc.. I dont feel like you have to learn to fly if you enjoy the other aspects of the game.. You do what makes you happy.. if people say something about it too you... tell them to kiss your ass... :D

Comment

naaaah your crap

i like the map it is a change of pace and allows there to be a more base defense oreintated game. as well as sending pilots across we would need to fortify our base to shoot down incomming bogies.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I'm an ok pilot I think, but I don't have many air to air kills yet.

And I won't unless I get more practice against real living pilots.

It's like the first time you played counter-strike, you have to grit your teeth and read some guides and study what you did wrong with each death and what other people were doing right. Ok sure, you might have a 1-10 kill ratio. But it should change if you're learning anything. And it probably won't change overnight.

All that being said, air-to-air combat requires "techniques" and mental sharpness that are not present in most 3d fps, because most fps are not air combat games. Here's how you can determine if you're really trying to learn or not. Answer the following questions

- What determines whether or not you can see your enemy on your radar in BF1942 (besides horizontal range)?
                      - What is the best tactical attack vector?
                      - When you fly air to air combat, how often do you make a conscious effort to "shadow" or pair up with a team-mate, whether they know it or not?
                      - Once you're done a run against an enemy aircraft, and you don't think they're turning onto your tail but you don't know exactly where they are either, what's your best move?
                      - What is "deflection"?
                      - What is the Thatch Weave?

If you guys suck at air-to-air, please leave the map in. This way I'll have someone whom I at least have half a chance at shooting down, so I can feel good about myself. (On other servers where the enemy has 2-3 *really* good pilots, flying is basically suicide, it'd be nice to have a place to learn in relative safety ;) )

Of course all of this presumes that the new 0.7 has made the game perform a little better in hairballs. No point playing a map where a lot of us get 2 fps. :P

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
                        To each there own Sarc.. I dont feel like you have to learn to fly if you enjoy the other aspects of the game.. You do what makes you happy.. if people say something about it too you... tell them to kiss your ass... :D
                        Exactly. I just don't find flying enjoyable in BF1942. It doesn't feel right. The reason I bought the game is to run around shooting stuff and grabbing flags. I never expected flying to be the focus of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
                          Well here it is 5:24am and I just spent (2) 40min map rotations learning to fly a chopper... I HATED not being able to fly one... but I think I am finaly able to somewhat handle my own now... I am not as good as say Apophis, Ryn, Dudeman or some of the others at it.. but I will get there in time... But I finaly buckled down and just learned..

Now as far as plane flying.. I am fine with bombing and air combat.. but just hated a map where we fly in circles catching flags and shooting at each other in planes.. Now granted we always do that (IE run in circles capturing flags) but in this one it is just so bland... IMO... At least in other maps you can run on foot or grab a tank or jeep or.. somethin... this one is just either fly... or well... fly... and thats about it... The only fun I have in this map is jacking the other sides planes of which is the only real challage... flying back and fourth getting flags is like riding a see saw... you got it.. we got it... you got it... and so fourth.. And only in planes.. Err.. so frusrating.. So Blah..

My to coppers..

FireMarshal

omg this one is being saved a compliment from FireMarshal.. nah serious whats the catch.... lol

gimmie gimmie gimmie the harrier.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

It would be amusing to see stats on the average number of players on the server during the map before No Fly Zone and the number of players on the server once No Fly Zone starts.
                            Twisted Firestarter
                            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                            sigpic

Comment

If No Fly Zone came up while I'm playing, I would stay. I don't like the map's gameplay but I'll stick around if there's a bunch of us on TS. There are always gunner seats on choppers!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X