print mag reviews of Lockdown...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• print mag reviews of Lockdown...

I just picked up the May issues of PC Gamer and Computer Games...

Thought it was interesting, there reviews of Lockdown...

PC Gamer reads...
    "Rainbow Six: Lockdown" "We took 'Tom Clancy' out of the headline cause the devs took all the Tom Clancy out of the game". lol

Article starts off as...
    "Take off your hats, lower your heads, and give a moment of silence to the once great Tom Clancy Rainbow Six series" lol

45% score

Computer Games reads...
    "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown" "Welcome to the series 'not-so-greatest hits'."

Article starts off as...
    "Well, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown, I played Raven Shield, I knew Raven Shield, Raven Shield was a friend of mine, and Lockdown, your no Raven Shield." lol

2 stars

Now I don't give print mags much credit, because there in the pocket of the gaming industries IMO... but was cool to see that they agreed with my comments/review... (I would get my review/opinions from people like you guys before a print mag... but it does seem to be universal... LOCKDOWN official sucks. lol

Just thought it was worth sharing.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: print mag reviews of Lockdown...

They're in the pocket of the gaming industries (I didn't know there were multiple gaming industries)? I'm going to have to start distrusting all their reviews now :( It's a sad day because they've always been spot on.

Comment

Don't read into my comment... for one it's IMO only...

for two... what I mean is that print magazines get revenue from ads, they get preview copies from game companies, and they get exclusives from game companies... so they may be honest, most won't be brutally honest, because you don't want to piss off a big chunk of revenue.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
        They're in the pocket of the gaming industries (I didn't know there were multiple gaming industries)? I'm going to have to start distrusting all their reviews now :( It's a sad day because they've always been spot on.
        I'm a little confused. You're distrusting print mag reviews because they're paid to make certain comments about games. So the bad rating from Lockdown reviews are not to be trusted? Are you saying Lockdown is actually a really good game?

I think seeing a consistently bad rating from multiple sources is a good indicator of the game's worth. Although, I do think the engine used for Lockdown is a good engine. We did play with that engine for a long time (Ghost Recon). The problem is the retweaked GR engine by RSE is not really suited for close quarters.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Actually I completely trust print mag reviews. I was being sarcastic, since Magnum was simultaneously asserting their inherent lack of truth while pasting clips from their reviews that agree 100% with what he thinks.

Comment

both of you misread my intentions and my point of sharing the info in this post.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Magnums videos were enough to convince me that this game is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50
                both of you misread my intentions and my point of sharing the info in this post.
                If PC game magazines, which live and die based on ad revenue, pan a game, you KNOW it's bad...
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by 0b1one
                  Magnums videos were enough to convince me that this game is terrible.
                  Exactly :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X