No intro and direct connect to TG Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No intro and direct connect to TG Server

This is the startup string I use. It bypasses the startup movie and intro and connects directly to the TG server and bypasses the profile screen.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat +restart 1 +joinServer 209.19.57.201:14567
    Last edited by +PARADOX+; 02-22-2004, 12:08 PM.

thanks

Thanks for the shorter cut. :icon14:
    Anything to help load faster. I just had to make sure that the "S" in server was capitalized. I thought it was a typo but it didn't work till I switched it back.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

wait how does this work??

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Go to the properties of the shortcut for Battlefield and add these parameters:
        +game DesertCombat +restart 1 +joinServer 209.19.57.201:14567
        Make sure the parameters are outside of the quotes for the BF executable path. Or, use the All-Seeing Eye and connect with that. I use it and just have to double-click on the server listed.

I also rename the BF intro movies to something else so they don't play on startup. It's useful if you're ever going into SP for some practice.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by coldbore
          Thanks for the shorter cut. :icon14:
          Anything to help load faster. I just had to make sure that the "S" in server was capitalized. I thought it was a typo but it didn't work till I switched it back.
          Oh... So you don't trust me. :icon12:

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
            wait how does this work??
            Goto your icon on your desktop....left click and select properties. put the above mentioned in your "Target bar" after the EXE" +game DesertCombat +restart 1 +joinServer 209.19.57.201:14567

Voila! your in.

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
              This is the startup string I use. It bypasses the startup movie and intro and connects directly to the TG server and bypasses the profile screen.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat +restart 1 +joinServer 209.19.57.201:14567
              This automatically chooses the default user profile, as well?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Oh... So you don't trust me. :icon12:

I do. I thought wrong, as my wife often tells me.
                :icon24: I did that name change for the intro movies too. Wish there was a feature to turn them off.
                Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

it doesnt seem to work for me it just says file name is invalid it wont let me apply that name. could anyone just copy and paste the entire path name... ill sort out the hard drive letters.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                    it doesnt seem to work for me it just says file name is invalid it wont let me apply that name. could anyone just copy and paste the entire path name... ill sort out the hard drive letters.
                    This is the shortcut for playing MP on the TG server:

This is the shorcut for playing SP or any other server:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat +restart 1

Comment

This is the shortcut for playing MP on the TG server:

This is the shorcut for playing SP or any other server:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\BF1942.exe" +game DesertCombat +restart 1
                      that seems to have worked ill test it... i must have had a space in the wrong place or something.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

You can still delete the files in the Movies directory of BF. No intro and you'll get back ~40Mb.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                          You can still delete the files in the Movies directory of BF. No intro and you'll get back ~40Mb.
                          YEAH ILL DO THAT BUT I DONT PLAY BF ON ANY OTHER SERVER SO IT REALLY SUITS ME TO HAVE A SHORTCUT TO TG

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X