X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Life 2: Episode 1 Preloads Begin

Saw this over on Steam.

http://storefront.steampowered.com/v...game&AppId=380

Interesting thing is that the 10% preload discount applies to the Packs as well! So if you never played HL2, well, you can get the Source Premier pack for $6 off, and the Valve Complete pack for $8 off.

Ok, it isn't much, but it's something.

Episode 1 releases June 1.

Re: Half Life 2: Episode 1 Preloads Begin

Well, there goes June. Guess I'll return to WoW and BF2 after that.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Purchased this morning. Now to wait anxiously for that morning. Alas, it's a Thursday, so I won't be able to put any serious time into the game for a couple days after release.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Watch the 2 release teasers in steam's My Media. Alyx's animations are looking good.
        Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
        Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

whole month of june? no way, you can beat this in a day or two.

Comment

A day or two? Try half a day of light gaming (exxageration :P)

The game looks really good, and has solid gameplay throughout. A bit short, though, and the trailer for Episode 2 contains levels of sadness, especially after playing through Episode 1 (on hard)

Comment

I don't know how far I am through it, its pretty cool so far, nothing TO special, mainly want to know what happens.

Comment

Steam's taking ages to download this - I guess 2gb isn't something to be sniffed at.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                |TG-2nd|munchkin
                Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Dude, you could have preloaded the thing. The day it came out it only took me about a minute to unlock it and then I was ready to play.

Comment

*SPOILERS*

Wow! I know its only about 4-5 hours long but those were some damn fun hours. I love the new more wittty dialogue that most of the characters have. Alyx has some wonderful AI. When she grabs the shotgun she just plain OWNS. All the puzzles are much more well done. I <3 flares. The new zombines are awesome. All in all, i think that this is what HL2 shudve been. I love HL2 but i think they played it too conservatively. With this, they it hang out a little more and it makes it so much more fun, at least for me. I cant wait to beat it again.

Comment

It was short <<<< It was awesome <<<< It was QUALITY.

This is the first real game I've played where I actually felt like I was involved in a virtual movie. I commend this fact mainly to the excellent work done on Alyx and her AI, as well as the other characters.

Against HL2.

Length << (I guess another two or three hours would have been nice...but I felt I got what I paid for)
                      Graphics >>> (jaw dropping sequences and effects that just weren't in HL2, as well as better design for every place visited.)
                      Gameplay >>>>>x400 (Not a single moment of boredom, repetition, or confusion. Best I've ever experienced)

Get it. You pay 10 bucks for the movies, pay 20 bucks for this. It's 3 movies long and totally interactive. Best single-player package I've seen yet. Commentary system means that if you play through it again, you'll get to hear the developers explain everything to you. This is extremely cool and adds another 5 hours if you're interested.
                      -Zephyr
                      You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                      We are not a single game.
                      We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                      We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr

Commentary system means that if you play through it again, you'll get to hear the developers explain everything to you. This is extremely cool and adds another 5 hours if you're interested.
                        -Zephyr
                        I didn't know it had this option. Sounds cool! I've been playing this slowly and methodically just to get extra enjoyment out of it. So far, it's awesome as expected. I'm pleased with the price
                        ($18.00 for prepaid) and the goods. Can't wait for the next installment.

Comment

Its quality and better to go buy the game rather than wait to download it on Steam. Took me about two days to complete and its is worth the $20.
                          XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

It was great, but that wasn't a surprise coming from valve.

Really enjoyed the commentary system they implemented after testing it in lost coast. Really should help give source mappers more insight into their level design.
                            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by wildcat2000
                              Its quality and better to go buy the game rather than wait to download it on Steam. Took me about two days to complete and its is worth the $20.
                              How come everyone keeps saying it's a bad idea to wait to download it off Steam? You can preload it even if you didn't buy it, and then it unlocks in about 40 seconds, compared to the time it takes to drive to and from the store and then install it off a disc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X