Nuclear Dawn - Source mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear Dawn - Source mod

Anyone anxious to see this? I'm thinking the combination of FPS and RTS sounds like something the Natural Selection crowd would really like.

http://www.nuclear-dawn.net/index.php

Re: Nuclear Dawn - Source mod

From the website:

Nuclear Dawn is a multiplayer modification for Valve’s Source engine that combines visceral and violent First Person Shooter action with fast-paced Real Time Strategy in the aftermath of an apocalyptic war. You can choose the mission or lead the attack as a commander, marshalling resources and deploying weapons and equipment for your team to use. You can storm a building as an assault trooper, cling to the shadows and rely on your active camouflage as a stealth, or unleash terrible firepower from a powered suit of exo-armor. You have the responsibility and the power to decide the outcome of every engagement. If your opponents are lucky there will be enough of them left to bury.

On The Field

Three distinct classes to choose from with strengths and weaknesses that will help you overpower your opponents or keep you on guard.
    A wide arsenal of weapons to deploy on the battlefield including mines, grenades, rifles, rocket launcher, and much more.
    Original environments rich with detail and perfect for a nice and bloody battle. Take the streets of a desolate Japanese city, venture into the jungle to capture the live warhead inside a Korean nuclear silo, or fight for the treasures of one of several other post-apocalyptic locales.
    As a Commander

Objective-based game play emphasizes coordinated tactics.
    The environment and physics shape your strategy. Create chokepoints, defensive positions, and blast your way through the enemy positions.
    Build a multitude of different structures to aid your team in its conquest. From a gateway that can bring in reinforcements directly to the battlefield to turrets that will pound your enemies into submission.
    Choose your team's path with an intuitive but deep technology tree.
    Secure resource points to deploy weapons and equipment to aid your team.
    And a couple of screens for your viewing pleasure :)

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Faultline.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah, it looks pretty neat. I think, among the mods I'm not working on, it's actually my most anticipated mod. The combination of great graphics and FPS/RTS gameplay looks great, and it's taking a much different approach than Empires mod did.

Comment

Looks interesting. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I just love the look of there site.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Seems like FPS\RTS mods and games are pretty popular nowadays.

Not that I mind, I just havn't seen one as good as NS yet.
            Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
            Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Sounds pretty cool, can't wait to try it.

Comment

Been waiting to try this one since I heard about it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X