Utilizing the Unreal Editor for RvS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilizing the Unreal Editor for RvS

Having taken a larger interest in RvS as of late, I've been looking around for some good tutorials on map creation (seeing as this is a weak point in RvS as it pertains to keeping people interested) and I have found some rather well written and heavily discussed tut's for us.

First of all, many of us have never used UnrealEd before, so I suggest Architectonic's UnrealEd 3.0 Tutorials over @ www.planetunreal.com

Secondly, Beckett over at www.RvSMaps.com has a spectacular set of tut's directly pertaining to RvS. He explains all the gametypes and how to set everything up to make sure it works properly and works fast inside and outside of the editor.

As a side note, I am currently interested in doing either a port of The Brussels 747 from Rogue Spear or do a similar aircraft storm and capture map for RvS. Anyone that wants to help with the project just shoot me a PM. Even if it is only screenshots of the map from Rogue Spear (which I desperately need since I can't find my copy of Rogue Spear) would be much appreciated and will definitely get a tag line in the readme and on the loadpage.
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Re: Utilizing the Unreal Editor for RvS

I still have RS and most of the maps that came with it from players and add-on packs. Count me in as interested on the map design.
    Jex.

Comment

Re: Utilizing the Unreal Editor for RvS

I thought I would mention how disturbed I am at how easily (and legally) technical drawings including seating and crew arrangements in 3 dimensions is obtained for today's passenger aircraft. A terrorist with AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat reader could utilized these drawings to a distinct advantage (seeing as how they can calculate based on the drawing to no more than 6 inches from any given part on the aircraft). Seeing this reminds me of how easy it was to enable terrorists to hijack many passenger jetliners in recent history. Boeing even provides technical drawing samples of common airport layouts.

I mean, really, this is scary.

On a side note, I should be able to recreate a 747-400 with reasonable accuracy in the UnrealED.
      Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X