• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New OMAHA BEACH map-large and realistic

Click on screenshot.

This is quite impressive.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: New OMAHA BEACH map-large and realistic

I am uploading the files to my FTP and will put a link for D/L in here so we dont have to use gamespy... I will also put them on the server so we can play with it... not put in the rotation untill we get a chance to test it and see how we like it... and/ or what bugs are in it... not counting the ones he talks about... that will be patched.

Comment

Download it here... There is a txt file inside that will walk you though install... is very basic and easy...

http://members.xlii.com/~firemarshal...aha_player.zip

Comment

Hmm, I just played around on a 32 man co-op map with AI turned up to 100% and I was disappointed. Mostly with the AI... :icon23:

But I just can't tell how this map would be with real people. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too fun unless you're trying to recreate a historic battle. It's just going to be throwing tons and tons of troops at each other until one side gets a foothold... The ship's guns will be invaluable. There will be LOTS of deaths. Snipers will love it. MGers will love it. Sneaky people will hate it. Too much open ground for very many individual or squad tactics.

I think.... I was wrong once before, so maybe we should try this out on our server some weekend?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I played it on the server a min ago... (no it is not in rotation I put it in and right back out).

Anyways... I was not overly impressed.. It is like CD said mostly open land.... 2 flags to capture... (there is a third on the beach but I think is uncapturable)

2 Allied tanks... 1 jeep..1 personell carrier.... for axis... 1 personel carrier... and 2 jeep things..
          So no big deal... on huge vehicle battles.. Another Sniper paridise....

Comment

Well, it sounds like it recreates D-Day accurately :icon_wink

Comment

Looks good. It may not be the ultimate tactical map, but there is the fun factor involved in blowing away bajillions of people. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by patorean
                bajillions of people. :icon_lol:

Thats a lot of damn people... I think... :icon_lol:

Comment

Oh boyeeeeee!
                  sigpic
                  I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X