Editing Actors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Actors?

The one thing that I'd like to see in RvS is the actors modded if possible. On Veteran they seem as dumbass as anything yet on veteran they display better tactics (eg flanking manouvers,etc) but are just to hard to kill.

Is it possible to tone down the skill level to that of Veteran but keep the intelligence of Elite?
    Jex.

Re: Editing Actors?

One possiblity is creating more "way-points" the AI uses to manuever in a room. If given more options they can be more creative, regardless of skill level. I'm not sure if that would work the way you intended or not... Most of the time you see flanking because of the direction they have to travel to gain one of those "way-points", which are typically situated on both sides of a chokepoint and in the chokepoint itself.

You are probably asking for more a change in the AI handling code (ie. toning down the reaction speed of elite).
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

I think there was a mod that tried to make the tangos smarter like going prone and such. I don't think it was supported after one of the earlier patches. The creator never followed up since he would have to update it every time a patch came out... you know what that means. :)

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        I think there was a mod that tried to make the tangos smarter like going prone and such. I don't think it was supported after one of the earlier patches. The creator never followed up since he would have to update it every time a patch came out... you know what that means. :)
        yeah, I remember that...

He made mods for each of the maps/missions that toned down some fo the spotting behaviors, and got rid of the c-mags for all terrorists.

I guess in his work, he was frustrated by the poor coding and portability, and concluded that it would take too much work for him to fix something that ubi broke in the first place (and never attemted to fix).

But that was like, oh, 9 patches or so ago.... ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X