• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to see you playing, Revan!

How'd you like the game so far?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Good to see you playing, Revan!

Originally posted by CingularDuality
    How'd you like the game so far?

its crap....

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Must be because it's not Scottish...

Old Saturday Night Live skit:
      "Welcome to All Things Scottish; if it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!"

And allow me to add my welcome here, to Revan and H-Hour.

Comment

Trey, if you kill me with one more mine or Stinger I sware I'll TK you every GR game we ever play!! :)

I was up till about 3am last night, me and my roommate were practicing with those helo's. As such, I got a couple questions:

1. What's the deal with landing? I've tried landing a bunch, but the Apache (I think that's it's name - AH64 Attack Helicopter) seems to be the only one that can land without tipping over. Am I totally missing something here? I don't have to open up landing gear or anything do I?

2. I got my joystick working, but the throttle doesn't seem to have a full range of motion. It only really kicks on when it's almost all the way up. Did I set up something wrong or is it just the crappy joystick? (It's an old joystick).

3. Do games ever get big enough where people will actually ride passenger in the transport helos?

So yeah, I'm liking the game a lot. The tanks are ok, but I suck at them. My favorite parts are those urban maps when I can be an infantry guy or maps where I can fly helos. :)
        [volun]

Comment

Originally posted by H-Hour
          Trey, if you kill me with one more mine or Stinger I sware I'll TK you every GR game we ever play!! :)

I was up till about 3am last night, me and my roommate were practicing with those helo's. As such, I got a couple questions:

1. What's the deal with landing? I've tried landing a bunch, but the Apache (I think that's it's name - AH64 Attack Helicopter) seems to be the only one that can land without tipping over. Am I totally missing something here? I don't have to open up landing gear or anything do I?

2. I got my joystick working, but the throttle doesn't seem to have a full range of motion. It only really kicks on when it's almost all the way up. Did I set up something wrong or is it just the crappy joystick? (It's an old joystick).

3. Do games ever get big enough where people will actually ride passenger in the transport helos?

So yeah, I'm liking the game a lot. The tanks are ok, but I suck at them. My favorite parts are those urban maps when I can be an infantry guy or maps where I can fly helos. :)

On landing sometimes if you jump out RIGHT BEFORE you get to the ground the chopper will land and be no problem... Do it too high and well... odviously.. it will crash..... and take you with it....

Comment

wow.. I am playing it again.. true,. and I like it as good as always however I need you guys to help me out..

I need a short cut to skip the splash at the begining of the game.. you know in the properties I have to add something to the target field to get the game to cut straight to the game and not having to wait 2 minutes till I get there..

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Revan
              wow.. I am playing it again.. true,. and I like it as good as always however I need you guys to help me out..

I need a short cut to skip the splash at the begining of the game.. you know in the properties I have to add something to the target field to get the game to cut straight to the game and not having to wait 2 minutes till I get there..

Any ideas?
              This should fix you up.

http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=5453

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
                On landing sometimes if you jump out RIGHT BEFORE you get to the ground the chopper will land and be no problem... Do it too high and well... odviously.. it will crash..... and take you with it....
                Apo pointed out that if you switch to one of the passenger seats instead of jumping out, you have a much lower mortality rate, as the vehicle can't land ON you...

Good tip.

Another thing I do is try to hover like I'm going to land and then when I would switch to a passenger seat, just put the throttle in full reverse(downward). This helps keep you from tipping over when your landing gear first touches but you're still kinda hovering...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Yeah, thanks for that tip FireMarshall. I figured out the same thing about the throttle Cingular. This is obvious to everyone else, I'm sure, but it took me a while to figure out that the wash from the rotors was adding to the instability and rocking.

I'm really starting to get the hang of landing, though I still have to take it pretty slow. Too bad there aren't more missions that require good use of a transport helo.
                  [volun]

Comment

Apo pointed out that if you switch to one of the passenger seats instead of jumping out, you have a much lower mortality rate, as the vehicle can't land ON you...

Good tip.

Another thing I do is try to hover like I'm going to land and then when I would switch to a passenger seat, just put the throttle in full reverse(downward). This helps keep you from tipping over when your landing gear first touches but you're still kinda hovering...

but overall that is a fault in the game though. because i come down on a perfect landing, and when i get to the same point over and over the helo tries to flip.

deffinatly something wrong... only bird i can land is apache.... but even landing in that you can ezperience some wired goings on.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                      but overall that is a fault in the game though. because i come down on a perfect landing, and when i get to the same point over and over the helo tries to flip.

deffinatly something wrong... only bird i can land is apache.... but even landing in that you can ezperience some wired goings on.
                      Hmmm. I can land 'em all. Whenever I crash, it's always because I screwed something up.
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Hmmm. I can land 'em all. Whenever I crash, it's always because I screwed something up.

nah i have landed the balck hawk and trhe apache, but the little bird every time i come down not moving an inch and as soon as i get to the same point i start to turn over... no movement on the stick... and when you say land do you mean jump out close to the ground.. becaus taht is not landing. it is finding a cure for a game fault.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

nah i have landed the balck hawk and trhe apache, but the little bird every time i come down not moving an inch and as soon as i get to the same point i start to turn over... no movement on the stick... and when you say land do you mean jump out close to the ground.. becaus taht is not landing. it is finding a cure for a game fault.

I can land em all...when I don't, I screwed something up....ain't no game fault.
                          "On My Commad, Unleash Hell"
                          "And Let Slip The Dogs Of War"

Comment

I've seen you try and land, you usually have your gear up. If you are in the Hind you need to make SURE your gear is down before landing or you WILL blow up.
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by RYN
                              I can land em all...when I don't, I screwed something up....ain't no game fault.
                              Yeah.. I agree with that, RYN. Same goes for me.
                              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X