FarCry Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FarCry Update

FarCry has gone gold *yawn* but in that announcement...they also announced yet another demo to be released on March 15 called "Boat".

FarCry info is found Here. Hmm "A Windows XP demo". :icon34: Like there is another type :icon19:

Bill musta given'm some cash :icon12:

Re: FarCry Update

Hmmmm... it's gone gold yet there are problems in the latest demo. That's not a good sign.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
      Hmmmm... it's gone gold yet there are problems in the latest demo. That's not a good sign.
      Just problems for some ;) works great at home for me with the latest catalyst drivers. :icon14: :icon20:

Comment

AA/AF doesn't work unless you do some special configuring. I shouldn't have to do that to get it working. I can't stand playing a game without at least turning on AA.

Comment

what does 'gone gold' actually mean?
          Jex.

Comment

The master copy of the game discs are ready for printing. Therefore, the game will be shipped soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              what does 'gone gold' actually mean?
              This means that a Gold Master has been approved by the publisher for duplication. In practical terms, this means that the publisher has put their "stamp of approval" on the finished game and a CD is sent to be duplicated.

Comment

usually it means that they start working on patches :p

Comment

Originally posted by tycho
                  usually it means that they start working on patches :p
                  exactly!!! Means the beta is due to be shipped so we can pay premium price to find all the bugs for them report them and wait for a patch to correct all the bloody mistakes they did while attemtping to make the game :icon_mad:

Comment

While I love ubi-bashing, the far cry demos I've played so far are actually pretty decent.

No CTD when climbing a ladder, no frags stuck in hands... (you know what I'm referring to)

Granted the Mp5 had no sound files attached in the first demo, the gun works very well in demo2.

The crytek engine looks/sounds/feels very refined. There will undoubtably be patches, but I wouldn't freak out just yet...

(I may be proven wrong, but I hope not)

Comment

My only issue is the graphics. They can be so amazing but all the work required for AA and AF to work properly is annoying. If I can't easily play with at least AA, it's not too enjoyable. Games look too crappy without AA ever since I got the hardware that could run it without a bad performance hit.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                        My only issue is the graphics. They can be so amazing but all the work required for AA and AF to work properly is annoying. If I can't easily play with at least AA, it's not too enjoyable. Games look too crappy without AA ever since I got the hardware that could run it without a bad performance hit.
                        You play GR....and maybe other older games...this one without AA is still far better than many others.

But I may be stoopid :icon19:

Comment

I also play BF, RvS and LOMAC. Those games look great with AA and don't require fiddling with config files to get it to work properly. RvS is the only one that has problems with AA but it still doesn't require messing with config files and specific driver settings. AA is important to me and I notice jaggies when it's not enabled. It doesn't make the environment look nice, especially when I'm used to nice smooth lines. I'd rather play a game like OFP with low-res textures but great real-time shadows, challenging AI and large environments. AF is an even worse problem. If that's not set correctly, you get black textures. I still hear people having problems with that in the new demo.

Comment

Ok..AFTER modding for an hour or so on this "project" :icon19: I'm working on, I took a break to play the Research Demo for FarCry.

I have a 9800 PRO 256 in a P4 2.6 with a gig of Corsair XMS 400MHz Memory in dual channel and played the game 1024x786x32 (default setting for me) with AA set a medium.

I had NO issues. The game looked beautiful and played smooth with no problems.

I find that people tend to trash games that won't run on their rig and in reality the issues most likely rest with them not the game. Residual crap from old installations of drivers and games, directX files corrupted, the list could be endless. My machine is pretty clean. Formated not long ago, XP home all updates, dx9b, GR/COD/FarCry and a couple kids games but not alot of stuff.

Its almost like modding....you create/play the mission on your machine and someone else has some lil screwy thing installed on their machine and your mission crashes....your fault...no...just happens.

That said...there certainly are bad games published...I'm not convinced this game is one of them interms of programming.

I tend to agree with Fri from an earlier post...this game looks pretty clean in its beta form. Will everyone be happy...well....are they ever?

Try it Sarc..I'd be curious if it runs well on your machine WITHOUT any messing.

Comment

Well, it ran like crap on my machine until I fiddled around with it for about an hour. After the initial install, I left my driver settings to what I normally use and have used since I got my 9700 Pro. The game started fine like the first demo so I set most of the options to default except changing AA to low. My PC gave me a blue screen and I had to reboot. So I updated my drivers to the new 4.3's and everything loaded fine but I still couldn't play. Here's why:

After turning off fastwrites, I finally got to the state of the first demo:

Finally, I fiddled around a bit with the config files and got to an acceptable state of gameplay:

Nice collision detection, CryTek! It's nice to know this superhuman ex-soldier can see through trees. Either, Ubisoft takes perfectly good developers and corrupts them into releasing horrible games or they have an affinity for bad developers. Ok, I'll give them a compliment in that Prince of Persia was an excellent game without any serious problems. The rest is crap.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X