War Rock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Rock

First Persion Shooter but you can switch to 3rd person view. Seems like a mix between Counterstrike and BF2. This past weekend they released the game for open Beta. You can choose from the five basic classes and as you progress through the game you get money to spend on renting new weapons for yourself for 1, 3, 15, or 30 days. There does seem to be a squad system in place but it was disabled either for the beta or just on the server I was on. There are 3 different game types to choose from right now (mission, infantry, and vehicles). It was pretty fun and find its a pretty good shooter from what Ive seen. Not much to make it stand out from others but its free.

You do need to register at the main site in order to play.
    www.warrock.net

Edit: System Specs

Minimum Specifications
    CPU Pentium 3, 800 Mhz
    RAM 512MB or better
    Graphics Radeon 8500LE or Geforce MX400 or better
    OS Windows ME, 2000, or XP
    HD 800 MB

Recommended Specifications
    CPU P4, 2.0 GHz
    RAM 512 MB or better
    Graphics FX5700/ ATI 9200
    OS Windows 2000/ XP
    HD 800 MB

Re: War Rock

Have you played this yet? I always like to play in open betas.

*edit, I registered, and downloading now. Only 270mb.

I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Yea, I played it... A lot of running around. There does seem to be some lag issues. Of course everyone is running around by themselves for the most part and there is definitely a lot of UCB camping etc. Though one game despite starting out as wack a mole turned into a pretty intense match as the flags evened out and a front developed. It really is a combination of Counterstrike and BF2 so its fast and you win by raising the most flags.

Comment

I played it, does each gamemode only allow one live per round? I played the first CS type mode. I noticed the lag to, I was playing the scout, and using the m24, popping guys over and over in the chest, and seeing the little blood come off them.

Comment

I only played the CS and Vehicle mode. In the Vehicle mode each team has a number of tickets so you respawn in 10 seconds or so.

Comment

It's actually odd, certain graphics imo actually have more details than in BF2, like the Humvee's and the choppers, they've got a lot of detail, and seem "bigger" like they've got the right "scale?" in size to match your character, sounds silly, but I notice stuff like that. Overall, I still haven't had a good match yet, the lag in the game isn't allowing it yet. Does this game not have dedicated servers? Or do you always have to play on just a regular hosted server?

Comment

Yea the lag is the biggest problem for me I think its all hosted servers. I havent played a single game, even the infantry only maps, that has been lag free. Im not a fan of the symmetrical maps either as its not too realistic and makes it feel like Halo. The graphics are good though at times a bit cartoony but yes the detail on the vehicles and even the weapons are solid. Though the lack of iron sites is a drawback.It does have teamwork possiblities as if you have like 3-5 bars of health left you will die unless you find an aid station or better yet have a medic heal you. A group of players working together can overrun any position with ease and the game is great when you have 3-4 guys involved in a firefight with another 3-4 guys but getting that to happen is very tough as most people playing are just running around trying to TK or UCB camp.

Its a shame that the biggest limit to multiplater game designers are the people who play the games.

Comment

Yeah, they need dedicated servers, hosting will never work, especially when the host just wants to up and leave.

Comment

Well, as a game of Korean origin, War Rock does have that "Game Room" instead of "Dedicated Server". You could suggest a server feature on the offical War Rock forums.

Comment

I just don't see many people hosting 32 "game rooms" off their computers that often, and if they do. More likely your ping will be 1000.

Comment

The 'rooms' are not hosted by the "Room Master"'s PC, but by the server which you see all of the 'rooms' in.

Comment

Hmm, then why are the pings so extremely high? I choose west coast servers when I sign in. All pings are above 100, which are unplayable.

Comment

I don't really know. It could be that the servers just couldn't handle the traffic?

Comment

I suppose, if the lag issues were fixed, I'd play a little more, although this game really needs iron sights, and one shot mode.

Comment

You can suggest that to the devs at the offical War Rock forums.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X