Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

The game has been out a while and there is also an expansion pack too. Does anyone have the game and interested in trying some Coop play? Let me know and we'll try and get some games together.

Thanks,
    Jex.

Re: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

Originally posted by jex
    The game has been out a while and there is also an expansion pack too. Does anyone have the game and interested in trying some Coop play? Let me know and we'll try and get some games together.

Thanks,

Jex, I have re-installed BHD, Do not waste your money on Team Sabre. There are problems with the install, it overrwrites your BHD files, and just a bunch of problems. Messed up bhd ibrowse.exe, my bink player, hangs on install, and many other complaints about it in variuous online forums, just type in Team Sabre Install in google. lots of problems.

However, my BHD works fine, and so if you like, we can go for some coop with it. Many people are also saying Team sabre was released too early, and is good for multiplayer for the maps, IF YOU CAN GET PAST THE INSTALL, which some have reported taking quite a while to fix.

So, I am saying BHD Thumbs up for a server, but Team Sabre is a waste of money. I am taking it back to wal-mart.

If anyone else out ther got the Team Sabre install, clue me in. Deleting both and reinstalling both from clean (as some people have said) doesn't work.

Really jacked off about it, it looked too good to be true, and it was. A waste of 40 US.

Truly, Team Sabre is a step back from BHD, which I think was a great game.

Sad that GR mods homemade work better than this Novalogic's Team Sabre. urrrrr.....
    -DigitalFX

"You may not like my M-60, but the bad guys like it less."

Comment

Re: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down

I have it too, with the expansion pack so count me in
      as a matter of fact i was hopping that a nice coop might happen around here

Comment

Re: Delta Force: Black Hawk Down Team Sabre

Ok, I tried 3 more times, and on 4th attempt, I am at the point where it is patching the Team Sabre game for it's own update.

So, do we have an IP where we can do this coop? will it be on TG, someone's private machine? I cannot host, My IP changes weekly, and if people try to connect, my ISP gives the wrong IP , so essentially, I have to pay oyther servers to serve for me (Which I currently do to server Newverwinter Nights.)

If there is an IP to Coop, please send, or who do I need to talk to etc to get it set up.

Thanks,
        -DigitalFX

Comment

Team Sabre Mission Ed

I finally got the thing working.

I have started construction of a new scenario using the Mission editor.

If others are doing this, there is a bug, right off, in relation to the .pdf file for the mission editor, in the tutorial .pdf

It says, place the Player Start Point, then change it to blue (good guys) then make it group 1.

However doing this, exactly as listed, Groups will remain ghosted, so you cannot add it to group one to allow players to enter.

As a workaround, do not add the player start point as such, scroll up or down one or two items near the Player Start, add it as a sound, change THAT to group one, then change item back to player start.

It works. I am now able to hit the beach, etc. in single player mode.

Probably have a mission here by mid or late next week. Some of the controls are a little different from how I remeber them from Task Force Dagger Mission Ed.

And I am not getting the hang of these tiles things. I need to read up some more.

Ultimately, I will come up with some kind of a help file, for would be Team Sabre / BHD Mission Designers for tthe Tactical Gamer Community.
          -DigitalFX

Comment

Re: Team Sabre Mission Ed

Hi DFX,

I can't find coop in the host options - I don't think it's supported, just TvT?
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
              Hi DFX,

I can't find coop in the host options - I don't think it's supported, just TvT?
              I seem to recall a patch, I will have to look. Most of my experience comes from Hosting Task Force Dagger, pre-BHD. For sure there are coop games hosted on Black Hawk Down public rooms on Novalogic's servers. It's monday, 11:00 AM EST. I will look for the patch, or talk to some buds, and get back with you in a few hours.
              -DigitalFX

Comment

Yes, there is a patch for hosting coop BHD. I am looking for whivch is most recent, and or stable. As longf as all in the TG BHD community have THE SAME PATCH, I see no problems.

(Like a standard config).

I am also looking for a Team Sabre coop patch, I am thinking for those with both BHD, and Team Sabre, that will likely be the best solution, since Team Sabre is a recent release.

Will post as I find out more.

BTW, thanks for working with me on bringing BHD to TG. I love this game.
                -DigitalFX

Comment

Thanks DFX,

I know Fanatik has the game as well as myself but we have no patch so whatever you find will probably become the norm here. I only have the original installed at the mo and I'm not sure if fanatik has the ST add on so bear that in mind.

This is great news though! If the ME is similar to the others I should be able to knock together some missions for this too.

As far as I'm concerned, First Person Shooters should only be played coop :)

thanks,
                  Jex.

Comment

This looks like the most likely patch (Current version)

Team Saber : Coop Me Now! v1.5.0.5 About halfway down the page.
                    (Was taken from this page):
                    http://www.checkpointdelta.com/htm/m...?storytopic=10

It patches the most up to date version of BHD, and /or Team Sabre.

As a side note, I am seeing some players reporting that ANY patch that enables COOP or Team King of the Hill, will set off a flag on Novalogic Servers that will get you banned, permanently, for some built in software detection routines that Novalogic has. Not sure why this is.

Ah, here is a post from Novalogic:
                    Warning: COOP, 3rd party software issues
                    Source:NOVA_ADMIN

It has come to our attention that several people have authored utilities that facilitate the hosting of COOP public servers. These utilities edit our code in a way that triggers one of our anti-trainer measures. The area of code affected is unfortunately also altered by several trainers and therefore cannot be disabled. Novalogic makes no guarantees regarding the use of this software, but to the extent that these changes are made only to facilitate COOP hosting, they are harmless. Unfortunately, if you join a NovaWorld Stat game using an executable that has been modified in this manner, it will trigger our anti-trainer measures resulting in a suspension.

If you decide to use a program for this purpose, please take the following measures in order to safeguard your account:

1) After hosting with this software, completely exit the 3rd party software.
                    2) Completely quit out of all instances of BHD and/or TS all the way to the desktop.
                    3) Start a fresh instance of BHD and/or TS before joining a NovaWorld server.

To our knowledge, use of the following software will trigger this effect:

Conda's "Black Hawk Down Server Manager" and "Anaconda Server Manager" prior to version 2.1.1.
                    As of version 2.1.1 Conda has worked with us to make adjustments in order to avoid this issue.

Othello's COOPMeNowV1505
                    This software "patches" the game executable and is irreversible. NEVER join a NovaWorld Stat game with an executable that has been modified by this software.

Other software may exist and the same precautions should be taken. Novalogic will not be responsible for accounts/characters lost due to this type of activity.

But, in the end, I am not really worried about it, because if we can get it working at TG, who cares? Nova's servers are full of cheaters, anyway, as far as I have experienced. (This is why I am a proud TG.COM Member.)

I will do some testing, and get back with a report, as to does coop work etc.
                    Last edited by DigitalFX; 03-22-2004, 12:01 PM.
                    -DigitalFX

Comment

Also, I am wondering, What are we trying to set up? BHD, or BHD/Team Sabre, or?

So that I know what ah.. Game to suypport with designed missions.

So for example, if we do BHD only, Fine. Or BHD+Team Sabre, fine.

Just not sure at this point which will allow vehicles (Which I see as a plus, and an attraction, played against GR, which has little to no ride-able vehicles, except with HX5 (I think))

Again, will be exploring these issues, after some testing.
                      -DigitalFX

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                        As far as I'm concerned, First Person Shooters should only be played coop :)

I totally agree... Ok, how about this....

I will install my patch (From the link I just sent) on my current BHD/Team Sabre.

I know for sure, that I cannot host. (MY ISP has me set up with a weird firewall.)

IF You can host, and my Team Sabre allows me to play on your hosting, I will leave it at that.

If you can host Base BHD Missions only, with only BHD able to connect, (NO Team Sabre) I will revert to that, uninstall my Team Sabre, and there we go, until we get a community standard going... BHD, or BHD+TS.

I don't want to sound confusing , but I have played the snot out of BHD, and my Team Sabre is only 2 days old, so i have literrally no idea as to Sabre capabilities other than the box jacket blurb. I am looking for mods with vehicles. If Sabre has removed them, I will gladly pull my install.

Key issues:

1. Need to make sure we both get the latest BHD Update. (can get this by installing BHD, and using main screens to update)

2. Need to make sure we got the latest coop patch.

3. Keep regular comms on what we are doing. (This forum is serving well, at this point.) If you need to chat, I got Yahoo Messenger (Use it all the time) [email protected]

I can also use MSN, and AIM, but hardly ever use them. (My family uses Yahoo, since I am the tech geek of the crowd, and turned them on to it.)
                        -DigitalFX

Comment

Hosting a server won't be a problem - most of us have BB. As for Nova Logic - bah lol, they can go swing. I remember the pubby servers with the knife cheat, the speed cheat, the shoot while hidden cheat, etc, etc, etc.

Since joining TG I don't really go near Public servers. Raven Shield is the only one we do but that's for tvt only when we don't have enough on our server.
                          Jex.

Comment

Here.. some guys have a map / skybox viewer tool for BHD Builders, I will check it out:

http://myweb.cableone.net/iaccus1/_sgt/m4_1.htm

They also have links to a heli "Airmobile Concept" round trip script there, not to hard to make.
                            -DigitalFX

Comment

Yeah, the knife cheat was the most annoying. BY FAR.

lol

Been there, got the knife wounds to prove it. Oh, Yeah, does that remind me why I am here, now.

Ok, So I am going for this coop patch install. If it works, I guess we make that COOP ME NOW the standard. (With the warning to all you out there following this thread: WARNING: WILL bust your ability to play on NOVALOGIC SERVERS)

Do we need to write a disclaimer, for that, or is it a function of this guy's patch, to have him write it?
                              -DigitalFX

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X