Vietcong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietcong

Other than Eternal and logical does anyone else have Vietcong? As well as DF:BHD we could play some of this too.

Screw it - I don't care if I have to buy 4 new games already this month just to keep up. Anyone else wanna come in here and ruin my day by adding yet another game to my list of;

Athena Sword
    BF:Vietnam
    Vietcong (oh and don't fotget the expansion)
    DF:Black Hawk Down (ooh and that has an expansion too)

Blah blah moan grumble - hoist the jolly roger...
    Jex.

Re: Vietcong

I can help ruin your day! Far Cry. It's out by the end of the month. :p

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Aarrgghhhhh!!!!!

Lmao!
      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
        Other than Eternal and logical does anyone else have Vietcong? As well as DF:BHD we could play some of this too.

Screw it - I don't care if I have to buy 4 new games already this month just to keep up. Anyone else wanna come in here and ruin my day by adding yet another game to my list of;

Athena Sword
        BF:Vietnam
        Vietcong (oh and don't fotget the expansion)
        DF:Black Hawk Down (ooh and that has an expansion too)

Blah blah moan grumble - hoist the jolly roger...
        Athena Sward -----Getting it
        BF:Vietnam ---------Getting it
        Vietcong ------------Thinking about it need more info
        DF:Black Hawk Down ----Not sure about this one
        FarCry----------------Getting it as soon as released (provided it supports multiplayer COOP!)

How about Enemy Engaged? I know a few ppl were talking about having it and wanting to play it....I happened to see it in a bargin bin so i grabbed it for $10 which also came with FLY2K (Civi comercial plane FS game not important really)

Comment

Oh so many games! I'm going to restrain from so many because there's just not enough time to play them all.

FYI: Far Cry doesn't have co-op. It's got team deathmatch, assault and free for all. It's too bad but the game's SP doesn't really facilitate co-op unless you want something like Doom co-op.

Comment

OK I can dispel all the myths about this game. Other than a few issues with toggle keys I seem to get the game is really pretty good. The immersion factor is cool but the gameplay is different. You can't run around, you have to walk and spot, walk and spot as VC have a habit of laying traps or jumping out of bushes. It's a lot slower paced than normal FPS's and I really like it - I also like the cover fire aspect of it, where your teammates lay down suppressive fire so you can advance. I would certainly recommend getting this game now as it is cheap. There are also expansions out too.

Played some Coop yesterday with Fanatik and that was great fun making our way through the rain soaked jungle looking for VC - we'll be playing some more later today hopefully. The enemy on 'normal' skill show some pretty good tactics, they'll use cover and flank.

One thing that isn't too good is sometimes they'll frag, and keep on fragging - I think I got 6 on me in one go (white (VC) tiger anyone?

We were a little a outnumbered with just the 2 of us (but we can make it if we try...) but I reckon with 6 we'd do pretty well. For MP CooP there are various classes to choose from

Soldier
            Sniper
            Machine Gunner
            Medic
            Radio man
            Engineer (also capable of calling in fire missions)

The firefights we got into were pretty fierce. Sometimes they'd be right on us and others they'd be fleeting glimpses in the mist as they ran away trying to outflank us.

One really cool feature in the game is the way you sit behind cover. Be it a log, tree stump, wall, bank - whatever it is if it's high enough you'll be ducked (or laying) behind it. Press the Aim key and you raise your stance a little to see over what you're hiding behind. Rack off a few shots and then duck back again.

Let's get some MP going soon :)
            Jex.

Comment

We're playing tonight. As for frags, lol they got me and fanatik. both times we got killed by the 1st and then another 4 or 5 followed - only 3 VC in the area.

You around this afternoon E?
              Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex
                We're playing tonight. As for frags, lol they got me and fanatik. both times we got killed by the 1st and then another 4 or 5 followed - only 3 VC in the area.

You around this afternoon E?
                ...just stitting here waiting for you all.
                sigpic
                I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

GGs 2nite guys!
                  sigpic
                  I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Vietcong for TG?

Last night a small group of elite SF TG players got together at a secret location and went on a hunt for Charlie. We knew those gook scum were out there in the jungle, Thing is we didn't know where.

Last night Charlie company was hit hard last night and I needed a new pair of boots. The quarter master was out of my size so I guess for now at least, Charlie wouldn't be getting his ass kicked.

Vietcong is a great game and we gave it a thorough play last night. Straight from boot to the DMZ were

Eternal
                    Rooster
                    Riyker
                    Fanatik
                    Jex

We inserted into the first map and the first thing that gets you is the amount of foliage about you. There's little bushes, big bushes, swamp plants, fallen trees, tree stumps, rocks, hills - and in amongst all this is the NVA waiting for you. There are 6 classes to choose from and you can select the way you want 'you' to look in the game by choosing a body and hat type (though I wore the sombraro last night and fanatik kept shooting me cos he siad I looked like a gook - but I was standing right next to him). The different classes are as follows.

Soldier - Standard equipment (rifle, frags, pistol, knife)
                    Machine Gunner (Machine gun )
                    Sniper (sniper rifle)
                    Medic (Medic kit allows you to heal other players)
                    Engineer (C4, Trip Wire Booby trap (really cool) and ammo - stand at players back and put in his pouches)
                    Radio Man (Can call in airstrikes - really cool too)

You can take a few hits in the game before you die unless you get shot in the head and teamwork is definately in order as the enemy use flanking tactics and like to nade as well.

I think the game could be a hit at TG. There is a limited coop game type. It's more a tango hunt but it appears each time you insert the enemy are randomly placed. There are some defend/take the base as well but I haven't tried this yet. You have to take it slow. Sometimes we would almost walk by the VC because we didn't see them crouching in the bushes. You have to cover and move and keep on your toes.

Where I think this game would be great is in tvt. Because of the cover you really have to be careful and with the availability of trip wire grenades and airstrikes could see some interesting gameplay.

If you want jungle warfare then this game goes a long way to acheiving that. There are so many places you can hide (Don't forget to look up, you can climb trees). There are some really good features in this game too.

The game is now at budget price, check out the screenies in the other thread and then visit the website www.vietcong-game.com. There are 4 patches to DL and you'll need them all. Then go to the post above where Eternal has posted links for maps. Get at least the official maps (4 of them). They install into your C:\Vietcong\maps folder. There is a patch for one of the maps and that goes in your C:\Vietcong folder.

Now all you need to do is play a recording of Robin Williams shouting "GOOD MORNING VIETNAM!" down teamspeak and come with a few vietnam movie quotes (or make up your own).

The game also contains harsh language so not really for the kids. When you get shot your character will shout something out. You also have verbal commands you can issue.

It's a pretty immersive game and there is also an expansion out for it - First Alpha. If you see Purple Haze I think it contains both the original and FA expansion in one set.

Oh and there's dedicated server support too.

So to sum this up all of us playing last night were wondering how TG missed this game. Eternal informed us that the game was unplayable when it was released because of bugs (hey did Ubi publish this?) but now with the patches it plays great in MP and SP.
                    Jex.

Comment

Re: Vietcong for TG?

EVIL!!!

This Sunday has passed so quickly because of Vietcong. I wake up at 9:30 and find that Jex and Le3zor are playing. So I join the fun. It's now 3 in the afternoon and I feel that most of Sunday is over. Boy, time sure flies in the jungle.

Comment

I got the Fist Alpha expansion pack.

Should have been called 'first alpha' if you ask me... :icon_roll ;)
                        Jex.

Comment

Great you get to look forward to a guy with a Texan accent pronouncing "Nguyen" phonetically instead of how it should sound, "when". Oh yeah, the last couple of missions in the campaign were really hard, there's some annoying stealth elements in them.

Comment

I can post how I did the radio/2 howitzer mission if that'll help, I spent a ton of time retrying that one until I got it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X