Athena Sword

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athena Sword

I got it the other day but have yet to play it. I'd like to wait until a few others have it before giving it a proper play - TG style.

Anyone going to be getting the game - I can wait a long time btw so if it's 6 months, it's 6 months lol :)
    Jex.

Re: Athena Sword

I plan on picking this up soon..
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
    --Douglas Adams

Comment

I'll pick it up when it drops about $10-15. :)

I can't justify spending $39.99 for mainly new maps that we've been getting since the release. For that kind of money I could pick up BF:Vietnam.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        I'll pick it up when it drops about $10-15. :)

I can't justify spending $39.99 for mainly new maps that we've been getting since the release. For that kind of money I could pick up BF:Vietnam.
        Agreed.......

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
          Agreed.......
          Motion seconded.

Comment

I can't believe how much you guys are being ripped off!! Over here it is 14.99 (i've checked Sarc - it wasn't a mistake) which is $27.47 to you guys at the current rate of exchange. That's a disgusting price for 8 new maps as an addon. Who the hell do these people think they are?

Burn their shops
            Jex.

Comment

I have my copy Jex, so just let me know when you want to give it a go.

BF:Vietnam struck me as a BF:1942 addon that increased the date the game takes place, gives you some new vehicles and new weapons. I really don't see the difference between that and Athena Sword other than packaging and pricing. Athena Sword is cheaper, but to each their own I guess.
              Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

True, but BF:V has great music! We also play BF a lot more around here. Oh, there's also the patch that was released before the expansion came out. Then there's the patch that coming out to fix the debug commands in the first patch. Ubisoft doesn't deserve the $39.99 CAD that I would have to pay right now.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'm only interested in Athena Sword for its new team vs team vs tango hunt mode. That sounds like it would be an absolute blast.

However, I cannot justify dropping 35.00 on that expansion. Ill wait to bargain bin it in a few months.

Comment

Music... heh... I would much rather hear the enemy footsteps.

Well the patch they released on AS release day was a for an issue that AS caused with RvS doing sound looping crashes ONLY on machines that had been previously updated to 1.54 before AS was installed. The AS 1.01 patch is for people who patched RvS to 1.55 prior to installing AS. I can see that happening. If BF:Vietnam wasn't $49.99 US I might have been able to justify wasting the money, but if I want that kind of action I'll play Viet-Cong or OFP. Just a difference in game preference I guess. I prefer slower more tedious action to running around dying and respawning to capture objectives.

Also the "new" patch for RvS/AS is already out. I downloaded it via the ingame update service today. 1.56/1.02 totalling in at 35MB combined.
                    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Logical you around this weekend to give AS a go (or sooner)? Also make sure you install VC and get the patches and maps (check threads for links).
                      Jex.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X