No announcement yet.

Australians in Vietnam information...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australians in Vietnam information...

So what is this, Australians in Vietnam game I've been talking about? (and this time spelled right, unlike on my news post, lol)...

For those that don't know, Operation Flashpoint, then you might want to leave...because this ain't for you, lol jk...

VBS1 (VirtualBattleSpace1)is the military version of Operation Flashpoint, it is used by military all over the world for simulation training... Well VBS1 has just been released to the public (because there working on VBS2 for the military folks)... VBS1 comes in three flavors from there store... but were here to talk about this little side project, based on VBS1... it's called "Australians in Vietnam", it is a standalone game that will also be released to the public in a few weeks.

As I posted before.. I got a copy of the game and have been checking it out... it is said to be about 20 bucks, which ain't bad at all, but that has not been confirmed.

PLEASE BE ADVISED: all this is information I've gathered from the game disk, the web site, other web sites, and a contact I care not to name at this time at Bohemia Interactive Studios... all this information is presented with good intentions, but could be wrong, or incorrect, or incomplete... an official announcement is suppose to come within a week or two.

On my disk:
    Australians in Vietnam comes on one CD ROM disk.
    It has no multiplayer feature or editor feature.
    It has options, and single player only.

Clicking on Missions opens up three sub sections.
    Training, with four training missions.
    Battle for Coral, which includes 6 missions.
    Battle of Long Tan, which includes 5 missions.

I've played about 5 missions so far, (and I suck at Vietnam games, including this one... never see the bad guys before they see me.)

Here is the official web site, with info, screens, and a video:

Here is there trailer video, nicely done:

Here is my VBS1 page that has AIV info, videos, and screens...

Here is a AIV mission video I just uploaded (remember I suck in Vietnam style games, so I look and am lost, lol... it's just to show you a mission):

Any more info, will be added to this thread.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Australians in Vietnam information...

More information from SniperAndy, at the BI Studios Wiki:
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed