Whats the best Mod for 1942?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best Mod for 1942?

I only play the OG 1942, I love it but would like to check out some other ones. I've heard talk of jets and helios and stuff I have never seen.

Yes I am a rookie but everyone starts as one ;)

ACU Web| | |

Re: Whats the best Mod for 1942?

I like the Desert Combat mod and we have a server at 209.19.57.201 Stop for a few games. :icon7:

http://www.desertcombat.com/

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
      I like the Desert Combat mod and we have a server at 209.19.57.201 Stop for a few games. :icon7:

http://www.desertcombat.com/
      looks cool, I'm, going to try it out

ACU Web| | |

Comment

DC is definatly the most played mod, but for the BEST I'd have to say forgotten hope. It's a 1.3 gig download, but if you can get over that, you're going to have yourself a realistic world war 2 setting with maps that FORCE you to work as a team.

I really think Forgotten hope would be perfect for TG, but not everyone wants to download a 1.3 gig install :(

Comment

We should try out Eve of Destruction since we've been playing a lot of BF:Vietnam.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

jsut start the download before you go to sleep :D

where does everyone play? Do most people here play on one server? I'd love to play in a game where ther is actual teamwork and strategy. I have yet to experience that. Every game I have been in is more like a quake shoot em fest where people run from one flag to the next. No defense, everyone doing there own thing. -kind of off topic I guess. But I think it would be great to be in a game where there are a few people that hold key flags, and a team that goes out and gets new ones. An offense and a defense, not jsut everyone trying to get frag happy....

anyway, I think I will DL all the mods mentioned over the next week or so and try them out.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

We play on 209.19.59.201 which is the Tactical Gamer Public Battlfield 1942 w/ Desert Combat Mod.

Here is a list of our servers. Tactical Gamer Server List

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
                jsut start the download before you go to sleep :D

where does everyone play? Do most people here play on one server? I'd love to play in a game where ther is actual teamwork and strategy. I have yet to experience that. Every game I have been in is more like a quake shoot em fest where people run from one flag to the next. No defense, everyone doing there own thing. -kind of off topic I guess. But I think it would be great to be in a game where there are a few people that hold key flags, and a team that goes out and gets new ones. An offense and a defense, not jsut everyone trying to get frag happy....

anyway, I think I will DL all the mods mentioned over the next week or so and try them out.
                We all pretty much play on the Tactical Gamer BF1942:DC server:

Server IP Address: 209.19.57.201

When we get together on the same team, strategy and teamwork is what we're all about. We've finally gotten enough TG members in BF1942 to really get some great games going. We also have a relatively informal tourney running between teams within TG. It's good competition, but it's also about learning to work with a small team to accomplish objectives and overall development for everyone playing..

Come play with us!
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                  We all pretty much play on the Tactical Gamer BF1942:DC server:

Server IP Address: 209.19.57.201

When we get together on the same team, strategy and teamwork is what we're all about. We've finally gotten enough TG members in BF1942 to really get some great games going. We also have a relatively informal tourney running between teams within TG. It's good competition, but it's also about learning to work with a small team to accomplish objectives and overall development for everyone playing..

Come play with us!
                  OK :D once I get it installed I definetly will. I think it is awesome that you guys encourage learning the game. Most games are filled with people talking trash about the newbie. I guess they were all professionals the first time they played lol.

Dont get me wrong though I dont suck. I've been a first person gamer for a long time. Shoot I was a QA tester for interplay for a year. I can play :D jsut got some skills to sharpen :D

Cant wait to get in a game with everyone :D

ACU Web| | |

Comment

OK :D once I get it installed I definetly will. I think it is awesome that you guys encourage learning the game. Most games are filled with people talking trash about the newbie. I guess they were all professionals the first time they played lol.

Dont get me wrong though I dont suck. I've been a first person gamer for a long time. Shoot I was a QA tester for interplay for a year. I can play :D jsut got some skills to sharpen :D

Cant wait to get in a game with everyone :D
                    I'm quite amused by that myself. When Battlefield Vietnam was released within HOURS of it hitting store shelves people were ridiculing other players for being "n00bs". I guess they were born experts at every game they play. :-)

I saw you had some involvement in one of the Descent releases! I used to play that all the time many many years ago after work with a bunch of guys at an ISP I used to work for. We'd be up until the wee hours of the morning all playing against each other in our darkened office.. :-)

Comment

that was probably one of the best parts of working at interplay. Overtime. They would order us a good dinner and we would play 10-15 person LAN games on Descent and MDK and any other games that were multi player. I loved working there. Too bad I was young and stupid. Or I would still be there. Designing and maybe doing 3D for games.

This still trips me out. One day I searched for my name on the web to see what I could find and found this. http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...eloperId,7509/ weird but I like it :D

ACU Web| | |

Comment

that was probably one of the best parts of working at interplay. Overtime. They would order us a good dinner and we would play 10-15 person LAN games on Descent and MDK and any other games that were multi player. I loved working there. Too bad I was young and stupid. Or I would still be there. Designing and maybe doing 3D for games.

This still trips me out. One day I searched for my name on the web to see what I could find and found this. http://www.mobygames.com/developer/s...eloperId,7509/ weird but I like it :D
                        LOL.. I was looking at that very URL earlier today! It is pretty amusing what they say about you though!

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                          We should try out Eve of Destruction since we've been playing a lot of BF:Vietnam.
                          I played that MOD a while back, and it was ok..I think it doesnt compare to BFV

I remember seeing a GI-Joe MOD before..lol

Comment

one thing you need, if you do not have it already is the right mods and patches. It will save you a lot of grief later. You will need the V1.6.19 patch then the V.7. Instal them in that order and begin killing with us. Oh....................... and dieing too :icon16:
                            Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

I have to agree with Miko here, downloaded Forgotten Hope last week. It'd be great if TG would try it out, I myself haven't been able to find a decent server to play on and with both voice comms and tactical gameplay I think it might be better than DC.

Just a thought. :icon7:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X