Favorite thing about BFV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite thing about BFV

My initial impressions of BFV haven't been all that great, not because of technical issues like lag, etc. I'm not having all that many problems. I won't recap my first impressions (see other thread), but I wanted to find out what people like most about BFV.

The things I like most about BFV is:
    1. Capturable spawn points
      Have only a few maps with uncapturable spawns has taken out some of the frustration I see with spawn camping. On any server I've played on, you don't hear people complaining about that.
    2. Mobile spawn points
      Adds some new twists for both sides and keeps a game going even when you don't have a flag. The fact that these can still be destroyed is great too.
    3. Weighted / Timed spawn capture
      As people realize the time it takes to capture some spawns and the fact that more people around a flag turns it faster, I hope that better team work comes out.
    4. Possibilities for mods
      With the new engine, I expect to see some great mods. I expect the current 1942 mods to be that much better with the new engine.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Favorite thing about BFV

Originally posted by asch
    My initial impressions of BFV haven't been all that great, not because of technical issues like lag, etc. I'm not having all that many problems. I won't recap my first impressions (see other thread), but I wanted to find out what people like most about BFV.

The things I like most about BFV is:
    1. Capturable spawn points
      Have only a few maps with uncapturable spawns has taken out some of the frustration I see with spawn camping. On any server I've played on, you don't hear people complaining about that.
    2. Mobile spawn points
      Adds some new twists for both sides and keeps a game going even when you don't have a flag. The fact that these can still be destroyed is great too.
    3. Weighted / Timed spawn capture
      As people realize the time it takes to capture some spawns and the fact that more people around a flag turns it faster, I hope that better team work comes out.
    4. Possibilities for mods
      With the new engine, I expect to see some great mods. I expect the current 1942 mods to be that much better with the new engine.
    i disagree with your uncp spwn pnts....

i liked them and yes some camped and then were kicked because it weeded out the men from the boys. but how many more mpas am i going to play where its a forgone conclusion before i have even joined because people connect at different speeds... its happeneing more and more to me... and i liked the uncap points the game could go till the tickets run out. it gave you a chance to fight back and have a really close fourght game..

i agree with the rest tho

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I guess the developers don't realize that long load times do affect the outcome of games. There must be a setting for a pregame countdown or something to that effect.

How come music hasn't been mentioned? Somebody has to love the music!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        I guess the developers don't realize that long load times do affect the outcome of games. There must be a setting for a pregame countdown or something to that effect.

How come music hasn't been mentioned? Somebody has to love the music!

no no no you dont have the game... go -lay viet cong.. go on your not welcome here anymore.. traitor.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

I love the capabilities of densely vegitated terrain. I think that capability is a massive improvement over the old Battlefield engine. I can't wait to see it put to use by the modding community.

I think the sound has been vastly improved since the original Battlefield game as well. The more I pay attention to what's going on around me, the more impressed I am with it. I've always felt that the audio in a game needs to be top notch in order to completely submerse me in the environment.

I think the initial release had little variety in types of terrain, but I expect that to change as new maps are released.

The modding toolkits are another thing I think is fantastic. They seem to have taken a page out of Valve's book when it comes to guaranteeing your product will continue to sell years after release by properly supporting both the server admins and the modders. We'll see where they take this game....
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            The modding toolkits are another thing I think is fantastic. They seem to have taken a page out of Valve's book when it comes to guaranteeing your product will continue to sell years after release by properly supporting both the server admins and the modders. We'll see where they take this game....
            I'd say this is my "favourite thing about BFV" because frankly, the release stinks out loud. It gives me hope that I didn't waste my money.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X