Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.E.A.R. Combat announced (free)

SWEET!

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:

10 Multiplayer Game modes.
    19 Multiplayer Maps.
    12 different weapons.
    Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
    The capability to download user generated content.
    To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

F.E.A.R. Combat will be available for download on August 17th 2006.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: F.E.A.R. Combat announced (free)

That's good to know.
    XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Wonder if the BF 2142 demo happens around then? If so, they may not get quite the response they may be expecting.

EDIT: Sorry, meant the beta, said the demo!
      Last edited by DigitalAssassin; 08-08-2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin
        Wonder if the BF 2142 demo happens around then? If so, they may not get quite the response they may be expecting.
        demo wont come out till its almost gold or is gold. Open Beta is supposed to come out sometime this month supposedly.

FEAR MP is cool if you like twitch shooters. I liked it for a while but it got too repetitive for me.

Comment

Hmm, no reason not to try it out now. Cool.

Comment

Not my kind of game. but very cool move. For those that already had Fear this can only help their online community and I'm sure they are overjoyed to have a wider playerbase.

Comment

Might as well check it out since it's free.

Comment

I don't know anything about the game, but you can't beat the price. I'll definitely try it out! Thanks for the heads up! :)
                Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                  I don't know anything about the game, but you can't beat the price. I'll definitely try it out! Thanks for the heads up! :)

The core game will scare the bajesus out of you or at least raise the hair on the back of your neck. It's a beauiful game graphically also.
                  sigpic

Comment

FEAR Combat might be worth trying. I wasn't really excited about FEAR back in late 2005.

Comment

The single player was awesome and is even better if you play it in a pitch dark room. Many a soiled pantalones...

Comment

downloaded (1.8gb!) and installing now. the installer needs about 10 minutes from first click to splash screen... lets hope the game itself works better :)
                        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

It's a little large for me to download right now, and F.E.A.R (the demo) didn't run so hot on my computer. I'll wait until I see what people think before I download this.

Comment

just played some rounds: it runs slow, looks dated and all in all i dont like it.
                            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by dawolf View Post
                              just played some rounds: it runs slow, looks dated and all in all i dont like it.
                              Unless its just your computer, but if you goto the options page and hit either performance or graphics( I forget which one) there is an "Auto Detect" button. Click that as by default, the game is set to have the highest level of detail and graphics.

I did this and it runs very smoothly...now to find a server that isnt completely DM...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X