Hidden: Source

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden: Source

Interning at a game camp I discovered a really fun multiplayer mod for HL2 called Hidden: Source. 8 guys with guns and secondary tools are pitted against one guy with a knife and 3 grenades who happens to be invisible, and who can leap high in the air, cling to walls, and spot humans through walls. Its surprisingly balanced. Anyway, thought it might be interesting to some of you. Here's the link:
    The Hidden - Source
    (note: sometimes the game decides to revert certain controls to a previous mapping, so if suddenly right clicking makes you jump, just remap your controls)

Re: Hidden: Source

I played this and I was pretty impressed. The atmosphere is spot on and the teamwork is a great touch; people really stick together and communicate when they have to walk through a dark, scary, light-flickering lab hunting a near invisible psychopath that can jump off walls.

Comment

The game is fun, but there's just too little people playing IMO.

Comment

I haven't had a problem finding servers with people. But yeah, thats one reason that I've made this thread :P I'd much prefer to play this game in a more 'secure' environment.

Comment

I thought this sounded interesting last time it was mentioned here. I'm downloading it now, and would like to try it out some weekend with some of you...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Well, my kid bugged me and bugged me to play the new game, so we spent all day Sunday playing this new "scary" game. I'm hooked. It's the most fun I've had in an FPS since the early days of BF2.

It's an excellent game with a unique hook to it. And on 'weighted' servers, whoever kills The Hidden (or damages him the most) gets to be The Hidden next round. I haven't gotten this kind of anxious adrenaline rush since the last Badger Hunt. I would REALLY like to see a server full of TG players!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

My worry would be that unless The Hidden is really good, he'd get smoked on a TG server; if you're really coordinating, a good team can take him out without much trouble compared to a bunch of scared pubbies trying to stick together.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                My worry would be that unless The Hidden is really good, he'd get smoked on a TG server; if you're really coordinating, a good team can take him out without much trouble compared to a bunch of scared pubbies trying to stick together.
                I was thinking the same thing, but I've been playing on "no pigsticker" servers. I'm not really sure what the pigsticker does, though. Is it a one stab kill? I understand that someone that has been pigstuck can't be "eaten" for health. Anyway, I thought that enabling the pigsticker might give the Hidden a better chance?
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Heh, I suck as The Hidden and I don't play as him that much, so I'm not quite familiar with his abilities.

Comment

The pigsticker is a one hit kill with a 1.3 second charge time, and it destroys the body so that it can't be hidden. One of the complaints about the pigstick (which is the reason for no-ps servers) is that its a bit too powerful. Normally a sound triggers to warn you of your impending fate, but sometimes the sound skips, and its also possible to time a leap so that the sound is played far away, but you are at the target at the end of the charge.

Anyway, team based play is big, but still different in Hidden: Source. I figure that by the time people figure out how to work as a team, we'd have a good core of skilled hiddens.

One of the main problems with the game, though, is that there are some aspects that can be extremely unbalancing under certain situations. They will become apparent as you play the game.

Comment

I played this game a bit a while back. It's got definate potential. I'm sure if you guys wanted you could scrounge up a few Dystopia players to game with you. Feel free to try and set something up in IRC: #Tacticalgamer

Comment

Beta 4 is up in the Members Download area.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

ViolentSquirrel and I were talking in #TG and we think it would be a good idea to setup a Hidden: Source event on the C&E server. Anyone here interested?

Comment

I would be VERY interested in a weekend event!

I put this game up in the Member's Downloads area, btw...
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I downloaded the latest beta and installed but I'm having difficulty getting it to work. Keeps seizing up my system. I'll keep trying though, I played an early beta and it was pretty fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X