BFV Performance Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFV Performance Results

Ok, after much tweaking I've finally gotten my FPS to a respectable level and the game is now playable AND beautiful.

###################################
    System:
    AMD Barton 2500+ OC'd to 2.3Ghz
    1gb PC2700 333Mhz ram
    GeForce 5700 Ultra 128mb w/ 56.64 drivers
    SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum 5.1
    480w PS
    (various other pieces of hardware)

In Game:
    Sound: all on full
    Graphics: all on high, lightmaps on - 800x600x75

BFV .con file edits: (these lines were either added or modified)

VideoDefault.con:
    renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Default.con:
    Game.GameLevelPath BFVietnam/Levels/Ho_Chi_Minh_Trail_alt/
    game.soundbuffersize 1000

Card/AGP Tweaks:

Coolbits Registry Hack
    AAS (AGP Aperture Size) 256mb - you have to change your BIOS settings for this one

Results:

The results below are in the following format: AAS/GPU speed/Memory speed/ 3DMark 2003 score

8/300/906/2900 (this appears to be the default GPU/MEM setting for the card - 2D Performance option in the "Clock Speeds" section of your NVidia control panel)
    256/475/906/3223 (this is the GPU/MEM setting for the 3D Performance option in the "Clock Speeds" section of your NVidia control panel)
    * 256/553/950/3442
    256/553/1.06Ghz/Unstable

My final FPS in BFV using the indicated settings were:

Outdoors: 85-150 (avg around 90)
    Indoors: 42 - 120 (avg 47 inside the largest/most complex building)

I'll be testing these settings some more, but right now the card is very stable and running at a normal temp. when under load. The 3DMark 2003 score was MUCH higher than I was initially expecting. I can run my resolution at 1024x768 and if I turn lightmaps off I can keep my FPS very close to the 800x600 settings.

The reason I kicked my AAS number up was that, after much research, I determined for my system that was the most beneficial setting. The amount of RAM reserved is negligible considering I have 1gig and it does appear to make a minor difference in FPS. I had read on another board that setting the AAS to 8mb would help, but as the stats show it really didn't.

Hopefully this information will help someone.
    Last edited by wickerman; 03-30-2004, 09:52 AM.

Re: BFV Performance Results

I have the Radeon 9200 vid card with 1 GIG of ram and a 1.8 proccessor. I can play when olone, but when I get around others or vehicles, it lags bad I get pauses for up to 10 seconds before thundering into something. Flying.........forget it. My system should be able to handle this game. I have tweeked the refresh rate as well as added those lines but it did nothing for performance. I am on the lowest settings for everything and still nothing. Yet DC is playing smooth with all settings on the highest level. Wierd.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

Originally posted by coldbore
      I have the Radeon 9200 vid card with 1 GIG of ram and a 1.8 proccessor. I can play when olone, but when I get around others or vehicles, it lags bad I get pauses for up to 10 seconds before thundering into something. Flying.........forget it. My system should be able to handle this game. I have tweeked the refresh rate as well as added those lines but it did nothing for performance. I am on the lowest settings for everything and still nothing. Yet DC is playing smooth with all settings on the highest level. Wierd.

Did you cut the in game music off. It helped me a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyMatter
        Did you cut the in game music off. It helped me a bunch.
        That was on e of the first things I did. I put my graphics on 640X480 even to no avail.
        I tried to reinstal all my drivers and updates to no avail. I am thinking it could be my connection, yet DC plays fine will ALL my settings at the highest level. Do you know if others are having the same problems? Maybe I will let it collect dust till they have a patch or something. :icon19:
        Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

Originally posted by coldbore

Have you tried a piece of Spyware removal software yet??? This fixed the lag I was experiencing.

Good luck

Macker

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...