Bioshock looks fantastic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioshock looks fantastic

I know that some of you probably already know alot about Bioshock, and some of you don't. It's being made by Irrational, who also made Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich, System Shock 2, and SWAT4. They were affiliated closely with the same group that made the Thief Series (Looking Glass), and the group that made Deus Ex (Ion Storm Austin). This is the next game in that series, and has the rather lofty goal of doing what Half Life did: redefining the FPS experiance. And the scary part is that I think they might succeed.

Here's a fantastic intro video for the game
    http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3616_en.html

Here's a slightly less nifty but more informative video, which was their E3 showcase (there is a lot of first pass artwork in the video, which has since been replaced)
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/733/733861p1.html

Wikipedia contains the rest. I don't know about y'all, but this game has me excited in ways that in the past only females have been able to affect on me.

Re: Bioshock looks fantastic

Are you suggesting that this game might endanger humanity's ability to successful reproduce? Because if you are... I completely agree. The game looks great and some of the interactions between the NPC characters and yourself are just amazing. I have a deep love of anything that's FPS/RPG'ish, and Bioshock looks like it might just fill that role.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

As I think System Shock 2 is one of the best FPS ever, then Bioshock is also on my list of must buys...

Az
      [age-c1][command]

Comment

Hopefully it won't be crazy scary, because I suck with scary games. It looks very good, though.

Comment

The only thing that really could ruin it for me, and that I'm worried it has based on the gameplay video, is spawning enemies. If ammo is limited, if supplies are limited, I expect the amount of enemies to be limited too. It's annoying when you're in such a situation but the enemies are countless despite your own limited resources.

That's really my only complaint in most game. I don't like unlimited enemies. I like tons of enemies, but I don't like unlimited enemies.

Comment

System Shock 2 spawned some unlimited enemies and you could farm them to get small weeapons and health, was handy.
            [age-c1][command]

Comment

I'm buying this when it releases.

Comment

Originally posted by AzrealDarkmoon View Post
                System Shock 2 spawned some unlimited enemies and you could farm them to get small weeapons and health, was handy.
                Oh I know, that's why SS2 never got a perfect rating from me. It was the one thing about the game that just annoyed me. Everything else, I loved.

Comment

Nice video. Looking forward to this one.
                  -33rd- BaneII
                  Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I've read about this in CGW and PC Gamer but I haven't seen any clips yet. Thanks for the link, the game looks amazing!
                    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

I've been keeping my eye on this game, since I first heard about it in the issue of game informer months back. Game looks incredible at this stage. Really unqiue stuff going here to.

Comment

There is quiet a bit more to BioShock than meets the eye. It is one of the few games that is trying to implement real artifical intelligence in the characters--and not the if/then/else trees that most games tout as AI. Hardly anything is scripted and how the characters react depend on what is happening around them and how they evaluate the envrionment.

Also, it actually has an interesting storyline and is trying to have a discussion about philsosophy. I'm not sure about all the ins-and-outs, but it does focus on Objectivism and takes a look at how Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" might have played out differently if the characters were more human.

A very interesting article can be found here: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/32465
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                          There is quiet a bit more to BioShock than meets the eye. It is one of the few games that is trying to implement real artifical intelligence in the characters--and not the if/then/else trees that most games tout as AI. Hardly anything is scripted and how the characters react depend on what is happening around them and how they evaluate the envrionment.

Also, it actually has an interesting storyline and is trying to have a discussion about philsosophy. I'm not sure about all the ins-and-outs, but it does focus on Objectivism and takes a look at how Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" might have played out differently if the characters were more human.

A very interesting article can be found here: http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/32465
                          In the recent programming phases of my life I ran across this new push for "true AI" in games. It's a VERY new concept and I'm glad they're finally putting it in a game. It's not as easy to implement as one might think and the books on the subject matter make great booster chairs :)

Comment

Hands on Preview.
                            http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2007/...s-on_preview/1

Water effects video.
                            http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/1045...+-+Water+Movie
                            The Dirty

Comment

Can't wait for this game!
                              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                              - Check me out on The Onion
                              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server