Haiti rocks!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiti rocks!!

Hiya folks, hows life up north? Things are good here in Haiti. On the average, its around 35c with a 100% humidity...my tan is awesome. We have no real food here, so were eating IMP's (Individual meal packs)..same as American MRE's. after eating these for awhile, you'll see that it just doesn't matter what you get to eat, they're all the same.
    I have some pics to send, some really good ones too...I just have to figure out how to reduce them so I can send them through Hotmail. I'll leave out the pic of me getting 8 stitches in my head after crushing my skull with a thumper ( A large heavy metal tool used to emplace 6ft picket in the ground).
    Driving around through Port-o-Prince is definately a challenge, you absolutly require a quick veh with a big kick ass horn.....that moves the donkeys off the road....sometimes.
    I'm going up in a Helo tomorrow to do some arial recon of some potential gravel pits and stuff like that. One of the pits i'm going to is a place where 1 Bagillion hatians were slaughtered...that should be interesting.
    I sure miss playing at TG, the closest I have to a video game is Monopoly(Board game version....I'm on CP duty from 2400-0400, which is in a few mins. Gotta go and grab my gear and be bored.
    take care guys, be chatting soon.

Rob :icon19:

Re: Haiti rocks!!

Good to hear from ya Rob and glad to hear your having such gormet meals!! And be more carefull man with those thumpers.. I could have swore those things were for fence pickets only not for scratchen your head... :) Get those pics shrunk down and we'll get em posted up for ya!!! Take care and be carefull.. !!!

Comment

Where can we send you some real food?

Comment

:icon7: Boy this was a surprise to open up and see Rob.. Hey I know what kinda of pictures you are takeing... I told you to stay away from the native girls ;) Be careful guy! and hurry back safe and I would say sound but it looks like you have already got thumped :icon_frow Got a slot waiting on you when you get back I need someone to chase around the maps... :icon16:
        I may be old but I can still pull the trigger. Because I can't run. That makes me dangerous. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
          Where can we send you some real food?
          Yeah, if you've got a mailing address, post it and I'm sure you'll start getting some good stuff...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Anything beats eating MREs for any extended amount of time. Having backed up shotgun ****s is not appealing in the least.

Comment

It's good to hear from you! I'm quite jealous of the nice weather you're getting. It snowed here in Ottawa last weekend.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Take care, be safe and hurry back home.

Comment

its funny Rob i was talking about you yesterday with Ryn trying to get conformation of some such that you are ok.

really man give us the mailing address and we could all have a whip round into apos account or something like that and send you and your closest buds a good feed... i would certainly like to contribute to that....

again bud, you take it easy... you get back safe, and you dont take risks because of boredom...

good luck.

DudeMan (Carl)

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

WOW!!! Now there is a surprise. Open up the chat and there is ROB. Good to here you are safe bud. Sucks about the thumper though. I know how they can be. It is what took out my knee. The two handled ones right across my knee cap. Now I am perminently screwed. Good thing it only needed a few stitches. :icon11: It might even improve you looks a bit. I'll ask around when you get back. LOL. I will try to get you addy from the Regiment on Tuesday then post it. We'll send you some good grub. In the mean time, stay safe, don't ask to fly that chopper. I've seen you fly. Hahaha. What would you guys like if we sent you stuff. Books, mags., junk food., lap top..............hmmmmm well maybe not, but you get the idea.
                    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

Thanks for the offers on shipping me out stuff guys, but i'm sure i'll survive with whats on hand. I should be back in a couple of months, and i'll be looking for some sweet games...get ready fellas.

Comment

I got a big ol pile o easter candy I could ship off to ya ;)

someone must be able to dig an addy up..

;)

Comment

Originally posted by fr1j0l3
                          I got a big ol pile o easter candy I could ship off to ya ;)

someone must be able to dig an addy up..

;)
                          Yeah, if he's going to be like this, I'm going to figure out his unit's address and send his CO a pair of pink bunny slippers with a matching fuzzy pink g-string and a note that says: Dear sir, I saw these and instantly thought of you. Love, Rob
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Rob still down there?

sounds like things are pretty wet.

Lorenzo Mota King, head of long-time CWS partner Social Service of Dominican Churches (SSID), reported earlier this week that the Soleil River, on the Haitian side of the island Hispanola, grew rapidly due to rains and that the river, known as "Rio Blanco" in the Dominican Republic, had been "dry" for more than 100 years - which is why the storm and resulting flooding stunned residents in affected areas.
                            http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/from...8575688185.htm

Take care down there man....

Comment

Agreed. Be extra careful down there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed