no CD patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no CD patch

I recently installed the no cd patch from GameCopyWorld.com and it worked to a point. It loads the game, but when I join the TG server, it says data differs from server. I know some guys got it going. I installed the one that did not say server, cause I assume this one is for servers. :icon_eek: I backed up the 2 Mod.DLL files, but could not find where the Xplay2 Mod.dll file was. Is this the reason why it not working? Or is this file for something else. I did a search for it and nothing came up. It is nice to play the game without hearing my harddrive screaming away. It would be even nicer to play on our server like this too.
    Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Re: no CD patch

Originally posted by coldbore
    I recently installed the no cd patch from GameCopyWorld.com and it worked to a point. It loads the game, but when I join the TG server, it says data differs from server. I know some guys got it going. I installed the one that did not say server, cause I assume this one is for servers. :icon_eek: I backed up the 2 Mod.DLL files, but could not find where the Xplay2 Mod.dll file was. Is this the reason why it not working? Or is this file for something else. I did a search for it and nothing came up. It is nice to play the game without hearing my harddrive screaming away. It would be even nicer to play on our server like this too.
    I just create cue/bin files for all my games that require cd, then run them in deamon tools(Virtual CD Drive). I never have to worry about updates.

Comment

This could have something to do with punkbuster. I thought punkbuster makes sure you are running non-modified files of the game. If you installed a no-cd patch, you've made modifications to the game files.

My suggestion would be to undo that patch (restore original files or reinstall) and then use CloneCD (or some other image maker) and create an ISO of the CD. You can then place this image on your hard drive and use Daemon to map to it. This basically allows you to access the image as a CD and map it as a drive.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
        I just create cue/bin files for all my games that require cd, then run them in deamon tools(Virtual CD Drive). I never have to worry about updates.
        Hey, you wanna write up a good post on how exactly to do that? I think you did that once already, but I'll have it sticky'd in the hardware/software forum.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I use Alcohol 120% for all my cd required games and applications and it has worked great.

http://www.alcohol-software.com

Comment

You want the BF1942 v1.6.19 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Server Fixed EXE at Patch Link From Gamecopyworld. It does work with PB because PB does not check these files. I am using it and have been since I purchased BF.

Comment

i downloaded it and installed it, but it loads without CD but it says "Data DiffersFrom Server" when joining TG server through the join multiplayer game option in the game. When I installed it, it asked for a destination, I put
              C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942......... it was the deffault location. I tried to place it the Battlefiel;d 1942 in the mods folder, but it wouldn't work there.
              C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 is the only location it works under. It is wierd, the games runs without CD, just not on the server. Do you join through the game or do you use an alternate method? Maybe that is the reason.
              What updates are you running? I have the 1.6.19 and the .7 only. I am just guessng, but could you be running different. Probly not, but I am ust trying to get as much info here as I can.
              Last edited by coldbore; 04-13-2004, 05:15 PM.
              Find it, Sight it, Shoot it! :icon24:

Comment

i downloaded it and installed it, but it loads without CD but it says "Data DiffersFrom Server" when joining TG server through the join multiplayer game option in the game. When I installed it, it asked for a destination, I put
                C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942......... it was the deffault location. I tried to place it the Battlefiel;d 1942 in the mods folder, but it wouldn't work there.
                C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 is the only location it works under. It is wierd, the games runs without CD, just not on the server. Do you join through the game or do you use an alternate method? Maybe that is the reason.
                What updates are you running? I have the 1.6.19 and the .7 only. I am just guessng, but could you be running different. Probly not, but I am ust trying to get as much info here as I can.

The one I use is named dev-bf16.rar and I am running BF 1.6.19 and DC .7.

[volun]

Comment

Actually.. I might be running the one Killer is talking about.. I have both on my computer...

Comment

I think I'm running the same NOCD as Killer and Fait and have no problems connecting to the server. The XPlay2 might mean the XPack2 directory, which is the second expansion. I replaced that mod.dll file without any problems. It shouldn't affect anything though if you don't have the expansion pack.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                      Hey, you wanna write up a good post on how exactly to do that? I think you did that once already, but I'll have it sticky'd in the hardware/software forum.
                      I will write up a how-to-do tomarrow for all of you. It might require software purchase, or if you dont care, pirate. Either way, ill write up what to do!

Comment

I'd try to install a no-cd patch, but i'm sure i'd get fustrated when it didn't work and strap a block of C4 to the machine. :icon13:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X