Source Mod: Empires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Mod: Empires

This looks like a rather interesting mod, I'm gonna download and check it out tonight.

http://www.empiresmod.com/

Lots of updates and maybe we can bring back some interest in it here?

- -

Re: Source Mod: Empires

We've got it in the SM download area i believe... What version i donno... You can also find somemore info here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...hlight=empires

and

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general...hlight=empires
    Oyee

Comment

yeah there are quite a few large patches, all of which i've downloaded.

- -

Comment

Let us know how you like it!
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The mod looks really good right now. I have to say everything worked well. The only problem is the people playing, some real immature folks on the server i was playing. Only a few servers were even populated.

There are a few bugs but not many at all. It's a bit of a weird interface but once you get used to it, it works well.

I think TG folks will find it fun, it's got a lot to it. I'd like to see TG involved purely for the influence we could have on the game and make it shine.

To learn more about it. http://empiresmod.com/help/index.htm
          Last edited by Vulcan; 10-25-2006, 01:10 AM.

- -

Comment

After Playing a bit more, this mod really has a lot going for it. Getting a little deeper and there is so much more. Right now the few servers that run this game are filled with lots of noob calling, insult smacking people and i think that's really turning me off. Even the clans supporting the game for testing. If it's dead this is why.

So while that's bad, the mod in itself has HUGE potential. Devs are gonna have to cleanup their marketing though to make this game liked.

- -

Comment

I've played the mod in the recent past. The learning curve is pretty steep to start with, but the players attitudes just make it worse. I love the idea of a blended fps and rts, but without a community of tactical players the concept is doa before it even takes off.

Comment

Big changelog coming and the community seems to have wisened up a bit.

Changelog

- -

Comment

I like this game and think that we should set up a TG server. Although it can be annoying when you are a commander and your team isn't obeying your orders, I don't think that would be a problem on a TG server.
                  - Drake_Anra

Comment

I'm not supposed to tell anybody this, but if you sign up for the forums on empiresmod.com, you have access to the release candidates for 1.08. The 1.07 community is really awful, cuz all of the players with any brains are playing the 1.08 RCs. Anyways, I thought I should inform you guys about this, even if its not supposed to be public information.
                    - Drake_Anra

Comment

Here is a full installer for RC 26. There is only one server (to help keep track of bugs/crashes), and large matches are held on Fridays.
                      - Drake_Anra

Comment

Empires 2.0 is getting ready! Expect it within a month or two.
                        - Drake_Anra

Comment

hey guys, I'm about to start investing more time into Empires in the coming weeks. Be looking for you guys.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

version 2 is supposed to come out nov 30.
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Empires 2.0 is out (for half a week now) and as I have said before, it would be a great mod for TG to support! I have tried getting some TG players to come (including once being a bad boy and talking in game about it instead of playing...), but so far, I have seen nobody... Come on people!
                              - Drake_Anra

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X