Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game is already outdated

BF2 Announced

BFV is officially done for now. What are the chances that EA will even patch it to acceptable levels? What are the chances that BFV will have any kind of staying power with BF2 out? I can't believe how stupid I was when I bought BFV. BFV was an EA game. I should have known better. Next time I will.

Powered by an all new game engine, Battlefield 2 brings the intensity and excitement of its predecessors, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam(TM),
    I love how BFV is referrered to as a predecessor. As far as I'm concerned the game hasn't been truly released yet.

So... anyone want to buy a barely-used copy of BFV?

Re: This game is already outdated

EA did the same thing with BF1942 and BFV. They took BF1942 through the 1.6 patch which had not only performance improvements and bug fixes, but additional features. I would expect them to do the same with BFV.

BF2 isn't due out for a while so they'll probably try to keep us happy with a few patches.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Have you tried the Desert Combat Mod for BF1942? I like it much better than BFV. :icon7:

http://www.desertcombat.com/
      Last edited by +PARADOX+; 04-21-2004, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Thats the problem I have with EA games.. They never support the games, therefore the community falls apart. Thats the one thing I give Valve credit for, they still support their games.. granted every patch just makes more problems, but at least they try. EA just releases a game and is done with it... they should just stick to console games where no support is needed. Let the big boys deal with the truly hardcore gamers (PC gamers of course).

Comment

Yeah, the DC mod is cool, but the download is immense...

I kinda saw BFV as the same sort of mod, only you had to pay for a disc, rather than wait days to wonload. ;)

Comment

How does a game that won't be out for at least a year make BFV "outdated"? I don't follow the logic.

As to the style of play, some people don't like it, some do. I for one enjoy it. To each his own. If you bought it and don't like it, take it back and at least get some cash back for it.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
              How does a game that won't be out for at least a year make BFV "outdated"? I don't follow the logic.
              People have realised what a dog BFV is so there are less players, less servers, no mods. Correspondingly, EA has realised that there is nothing to gain by supporting (read: fixing/finishing) the game and have decided to divert attention and effort from BFV into a new game that they can use to string along their success from BF1942.

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman
                If you bought it and don't like it, take it back and at least get some cash back for it.
                Thats the problem though. You cant return it because of store policies, and if you take it to somebody who buys games off of you (IE EB) they will only give you about 15 to 20 dollars for it (if you're lucky). Thats why I dont buy games until they're around the 30 dollar price range. Thirty dollars is the perfect price for a game, its not too cheap and its not too expensive.. 50 is just way too much for a game IMO.

Comment

:icon_conf Is the game REALLY that bad?? I never got into BF1942 because I don't enjoy WWII weapons and gameplay (I prefer more modern weapons and units). Therefore when the DC mod came out, I said to myself: "I'm not going to buy a game just for a cool mod..."

When I saw the previews and gameplay screens for BFV though, I started to get impressed. Weapons were more modern, graphics looked good, and watching the soldiers spray fire at vietnamese soldiers running from jungle cover gave me visions of every cool vietnam movie I had ever seen.

I am quite shocked that so many of you are absolutely disgusted with this game...

What went wrong? :(

Comment

My problem with this game is the fact that it shouldnt be sold for the price it is. The graphics (IMO) arent all that great and the gameplay is pretty much the same as '42 and now with the annoucement of EA not going to support it, I expect this game to drop down in price really fast. So if you still want to buy it en4rcment, I suggest waiting a month or two until it goes into the bargin bin.

To sum it up, this should of been an expansion and not a full retail release, its not worth the 50 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                      People have realised what a dog BFV is so there are less players, less servers, no mods. Correspondingly, EA has realised that there is nothing to gain by supporting (read: fixing/finishing) the game and have decided to divert attention and effort from BFV into a new game that they can use to string along their success from BF1942.
                      Where do you get this from?

When BF1942 first came out, it was a hog. It was through various patches (thru 1.6) that fixes / enhancements were made. This was the same with DC. When it first came out, it wasn't playable. It sounds like people are complaining because not everyone can enjoy the full potential of the game.

Who says EA is abandoning patches for BFV? While they were creating all of the patches for BF1942, they were also developing BFV.

I hear so many people complain about BFV yet it's at the same stage that both BF1942 and DC were during the first release. Granted BFV cost $$ and DC didn't, but BF1942 wasn't as strong in the beginning.

I won't argue that BFV appears to be an expensive mod but I think the $$ was worth it. For those CounterStrike players, they should be used to paying for mods. How many CS packages can you buy?
                      |TG-12th| asch
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                        Who says EA is abandoning patches for BFV? While they were creating all of the patches for BF1942, they were also developing BFV.
                        True, that is speculation on my part. I hope you are right and the game is made decent.

Originally posted by en4rcment
                        :icon_conf Is the game REALLY that bad?? I never got into BF1942 because I don't enjoy WWII weapons and gameplay (I prefer more modern weapons and units). Therefore when the DC mod came out, I said to myself: "I'm not going to buy a game just for a cool mod..."

When I saw the previews and gameplay screens for BFV though, I started to get impressed. Weapons were more modern, graphics looked good, and watching the soldiers spray fire at vietnamese soldiers running from jungle cover gave me visions of every cool vietnam movie I had ever seen.

I am quite shocked that so many of you are absolutely disgusted with this game...

What went wrong? :(
                        Basically what I was thinking when I bought it. wrong, wrong, wrong!

Ah, scratch that, the game is great. Want to buy my copy? :icon_bigg

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
                          To sum it up, this should of been an expansion and not a full retail release, its not worth the 50 dollars.
                          This is exactly how I feel. I think it's better than the original BF:1942, and I certainly wish DC would be ported to it, but it should have been a free downloadable update, or at most a $20 expansion.
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                            I won't argue that BFV appears to be an expensive mod but I think the $$ was worth it. For those CounterStrike players, they should be used to paying for mods. How many CS packages can you buy?
                            You didnt have to buy CS to play it though. As long as you had HL you were all set... or you could buy HL and download CS retail and use the HL cd key for it... thats what I did.. Anyway, the point is you have to buy (for 50 dollars) BFV to play it, you didnt need to buy CS, just HL (which is what, 10 dollars?) to play it.

Comment

i am a nitpicker.

cs retail was store-bought.

cs the mod was downloaded

you didn't download "retail cs," you downloaded CS

on topic tho, what exactly is bf2 going to be called? Battlefield 19422?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X